USAC Racing Forum
March 18, 2024, 11:20:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: new indy club  (Read 47936 times)
deco45
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 09:57:03 PM »

Just ask the kids, they think it boring to race just 2 cars.If kid is not having fun why do it!
Swartz
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 11:29:19 PM »

If the intention is to attract new members why do the costs keep going up? Why do I have to buy a "box stock" honda engine for $1200? Why do "stock" decos cost $5000? Why does everything that is a rule change have a dollar figure? What makes an $18 key that gives you 20 degrees timing illegal and a $90 flywheel that gives you 20 degrees timing legal? Why is it ok to apply SFI specs to safety that were written for NASCAR and INDY CAR to these things? Don't you take you're kids to the fair? I'm over the top on safety. My driver has NEVER leaned past the left side bars but I have seen kids dragging their hands on the track showing off because they were leaning so far out of the car and have new seat belts. I have problems with stuff that USAC and QMA is doing but my biggest problem is with the attitude of QMA people who think they "own" quarter midget racing. The fact is there are probably more unsanctioned quarter midget racing tracks in the US than not. The don't want to put up with the BS.
ssssmoke
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 11:37:00 PM »

well said swartz, i bet deco dont even have kids.
PhilHeil
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2009, 11:54:41 PM »

Swartz;

I agree with a lot of your comments.  I was never a big fan of QMA on the national level.  I too thought their attitude was arrogant and they were more concerned with their own self-interests (and $$$$$) then the kids and racing.  My hope is that this USAC adventure will help them see the light and they will work to make the sport less expensive and more simplified (but I ain't holding my breath Wink ).  I could go on all night regarding what I think QMA (or USAC) could do to make the sport better.

As for Mini Indy, the club voted at the end of last season to remain QMA.  Our club officers were asked to accept that decision.  At the time they said they could.  Apparently that commitment didn't last long for some as we currently have a member and former club president who is now the president of the new .25 Indy Club and whose wife is currently the elected Secretary at Mini-Indy.  Conflict of interest?....you bet.

I have no problem with Mini-indy members that want to have a relationship with USAC, but they should certainly recuse themselves from leadership positions within the Mini-Indy Club if they want to do so.  It looks really bad when we have officers and members of our board working with USAC when we are supposed to be a QMA sanctioned club.

And, as and FYI, I would feel the same way if the situation were reversed and the club had voted USAC and we had officers still working with QMA.  It is about repecting the wishes of the Club members.

My hope is this can get resolved quickly for the good of Mini-Indy.  I hope and pray that those folks involved, that want to work with USAC, will step aside for the good of Mini-Indy before things get out of hand.

Who knows, maybe in a year or so this will all work out to a single solution.  Until then Mini-Indy needs leadership that will respect the club members decision to remain QMA (for now).

Phil Heil
Proud Mini Indy Alum
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 11:57:53 PM by PhilHeil » Logged
Melmo
Veteran

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 12:13:48 AM »

Phil Phil Phil I think with the statement that you just made that you should wake up and understand what's going!!! If you say that some of you people is backing USAC should get out I understand. But what I don't understand is the one and only TONY GEORGE from the INDIANAPOLIS 500 track help founded the mini-indy track and made it what it is today!!! Now Tony is backing USAC in a good way and standing by USAC!!! So all in all you should practice what you preach and understand what the mini-indy club is doing to Mr. George!!!

That's just my thoughts!!!

Melmo In The Fast Lane!!!
PhilHeil
Rookie

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 12:23:13 AM »

Phil Phil Phil I think with the statement that you just made that you should wake up and understand what's going!!! If you say that some of you people is backing USAC should get out I understand. But what I don't understand is the one and only TONY GEORGE from the INDIANAPOLIS 500 track help founded the mini-indy track and made it what it is today!!! Now Tony is backing USAC in a good way and standing by USAC!!! So all in all you should practice what you preach and understand what the mini-indy club is doing to Mr. George!!!

That's just my thoughts!!!

Mini-Indy belongs to the members.  The members voted to remain QMA.  That being said, the elected officers of the club should support that decision or resign.

It's that simple.

After this season the whole situation could be re-examined.  But right now Mini-Indy is QMA, because that is how the members voted.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 12:26:48 AM by PhilHeil » Logged
rjmoul
Rookie

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 08:45:38 AM »

Now Tony is backing USAC in a good way and standing by USAC!!! So all in all you should practice what you preach and understand what the mini-indy club is doing to Mr. George!!!

My understanding is that Tony George sent a letter of support to Mini Indy for it's bid of the 2010 Grands.   Maybe Tony George is doing the right thing and supporting the sport and it kids,  not a particular organization.     Good for him.
Melmo
Veteran

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 10:01:13 AM »

Now Tony is backing USAC in a good way and standing by USAC!!! So all in all you should practice what you preach and understand what the mini-indy club is doing to Mr. George!!!

My understanding is that Tony George sent a letter of support to Mini Indy for it's bid of the 2010 Grands.   Maybe Tony George is doing the right thing and supporting the sport and it kids,  not a particular organization.     Good for him.

I believe he may have but I believe that was way before all this USAC deal came around also!!!!

PhilHeil
Rookie

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2009, 11:06:03 AM »

I believe he may have but I believe that was way before all this USAC deal came around also!!!!

HuhHuhHuh

The USAC thing 'deal' came up long before MI even considered applying for the Grands.   Shocked
Melmo
Veteran

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2009, 11:12:57 AM »

OK   Roll Eyes

PhilHeil
Rookie

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 11:15:06 AM »

I've made my point so I am done here.  The people involved in this know what they have done, and whether they will admit it or not, know that it was not handled correctly.

Later.
race4qm
Rookie

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 11:27:09 AM »

I agree with you Phil......this whole USAC VS QMA was handled incorrectly and the people involved should just go with USAC and stop complaining.  I'm so sick of all the lies that these individials have and are still telling everyone.  If you want to race USAC then race USAC, if you want to race QMA then race QMA. 
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2009, 11:41:14 AM »

What wrong with a club doing both if they can afford it?
twofastanditshows
Rookie

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2009, 11:49:00 AM »

What wrong with a club doing both if they can afford it?
Exactly, since that was the intent? Last I knew it was a free country, race both, race one, race the other...race as much as you want!
brad_tribble
Veteran

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2009, 05:37:14 PM »

As for a member of Mini-Indy's board being married to a USAC track's president, I don't see any problem with that.  I know of couples where one works for Verizon and the other for AT&T, one for Coke and one for Pepsi, one for Krogers and one for Wal-mart.  Should one be forced to quit their job in that situation?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: