USAC Racing Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:34:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Just a quick question, Why no brow?  (Read 32208 times)
Teampanther
Rookie

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 12:08:13 AM »

I would love to see pics of them at the Little 100 race.

If it ain't broke stop trying to fix it!!!!!
KA34
Rookie

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 10:59:13 AM »

Panther you can go back and the race we have one car in jr rookie and one in light 160! We didnt make the A in the 160 and this link is the sunday A features!
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8655876

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 11:24:57 AM by KA34 » Logged
Teampanther
Rookie

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2011, 04:53:57 PM »

Well no visor will be allowed no matter the reason. Place tape on the helmet to block any glare from the sun. I guess I will have to conform to the rules. I guess if my child leaned out of the car it wouldn't be an issue, which will not happen do to the safety issue of having my child's helmet bang off the pavement in an accident. I was very glad to say I received quick feedback on my question.

Teampanther
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 02:18:39 PM »

Still working on this issue. I am wondering what the penalty would be if I showed up at the track with a visor in place and refused to remove it?

streihawk8
Rookie

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 02:44:44 PM »

I guess I dont see the difference as to why a visor is needed whether you lean out or sit straight up. The sun is like 93 million miles away. The change in angle of the sun would be quite minimal.
Karnes29
Veteran

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 02:45:44 PM »

I totally agree with you as far as a kids head hanging out the side of the car, If your kid goes on to race the ford focus midgets or late model or modified you won't see any of them with their heads hanging out of the side of the car.

I understand they have to lean a little but some have half of their body hanging out of the side, My thought on that would be if you need that much left side weight then mount more lead over there.

streihawk8
Rookie

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 09:12:19 PM »

the only ones that ever disagree with a little leaning in quarter midgets are the ones who have never driven one. If you have ever driven a quarter midget then you will understand why (and its not just about handling). Use critical thinking skills and try to answer why.   
ps. most midgets and focus midgets tip their seats so that they lean to the left.
streihawk8
Rookie

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 11:31:20 PM »

One thing to think about is G force. Most have probably seen a centrifuge that astronounts train in. with low g force they are sitting fairly straight up and down. As speed increases, the g force increases and the astronauts will start to lean. Their sense of balance and ability to function improve when they are tilted. At lower speeds and g force it is less neccesary to lean. Also Karnes29. Quarter midgets have quite a bit more g forces than do Focus and midgets. I can attest to that and so can physics.
Teampanther
Rookie

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 11:49:34 PM »

If a parent wants to allow their child to lean out then thats great for them and have nothing against them for doing that. I am just unwilling to put my child's head in that kind of danger in case of an accident. My issue and my reason for starting this thread was to find out why a visor is considered such a safety issue if the reason for running one is to help with a drivers vison.

sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 11:54:06 PM »

The leaning thing has been beat to death on these forums and no matter what arguments are made some people disagree with it.  I will have to say this is the first time I heard anyone argue that leaning helps improve their balance and ability to function though.  That is a pretty funny argument!

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 03:11:05 AM »

Leaning is a can of worms I don't think anyone who has frequented this forum since it's beginning wants to open up.

It doesn't matter what's said or what happens, there are always people who believe a kid's head outside the cockpit is incredibly dangerous and other who believe no one will ever get hurt from it.

As for brows. I know plenty of people at Kokomo have been running them for the last two seasons. I thought they were legal if under a certain measurement. Guess I was incorrect?
Offset
Veteran

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 09:10:47 AM »

Great point streihawk8.  Newton's second law again.
Karnes29
Veteran

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 09:11:04 AM »

Well my thought on the brow/visor is they will block some of the sun just like the sun visor in your car,Now if you stick your head out the the window the angle of the sun will get in your eyes.maybe the g forces will be to much for it. Smiley

My thought on leaning out of the qms is safety,My kids watched me get cut out of my race car and life flighted to the hospital due to a head injury when i hit the wall drivers side first.

I don't want to get in the way of astronauts,centrifuge & physics,If you need to have your driver stand on the nerf bars because of the g forces then so be it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 10:12:46 AM by Karnes29 » Logged
clouse55
Feature Winner

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 11:43:47 AM »

Kinda funny, people spend all kinds of money on the newest car design, ceramic bearings, special shocks, lightened gears, lightened axles, etc. etc. etc. but want to mount a billboard on top of their car.

Put your hand out your car window at 30 mph and see what happens. 
Teampanther
Rookie

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 01:53:57 PM »

Clouse, I really don't see your point. I am wanting the visor to block the sun, thats it. No name No business just to help my daughter be able to see better. If it slows the car down than I need to tweak the car some to get the speed back. My daughter's ability to see is more important than the few hundredths or thousandths of a second it might slow us down.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: