USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:02:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Is it true that Toledo voted USAC?  (Read 15342 times)
Birdcage
« on: November 10, 2008, 06:10:29 PM »

I was on the QMA forum and I saw that somebody had post something about Toledo voting for USAC this past weekend.  Is it is true and if is is true then would it make more sense for Mini Indy to vote USAC for this coming season? I believe Mini Indy will vote this upcoming Saturday the 15th of November. Wouldn't Toledo be the fourth track to vote USAC from region four fo rthis coming season?
brad_tribble
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 06:59:34 PM »

They would be the 4th. If they voted to leave the Buckeye club would probably be the next to jump.  If they didn't then they would be the only QMA track left in Ohio.  I can honstly see Lansing and Waterford making up the QMA region 4. (that is, unless they both vote to go)

It would be a shame to have region 4 leave QMA.  That is one reason I am running for national president of QMA.  I want to find a way for QMA and USAC to work together so that both can survive and thrive.   
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 09:17:46 AM »

Yes....Toledo voted to also join USAC  .25  Quarter Midget Racing.

Eric Rankine
NWOQMRA President

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
ken knight
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 11:01:30 AM »

Eric,

Please give me your opinion on how this will work. If my home track stays QMA and I want to race my kid at your track will I need to have a QMA and a USAC membership. I know how much a QMA membership costs, what do you feel the USAC membership will cost?
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 11:30:45 AM »

Ken,

In 2008 the fee to be a member of NWOQMRA/QMA was $135.00. My personal opinion is that the fee will be the exact same for NWOQMRA/USAC in 2009. The final decision will be up to the NWOQMRA BOD but I don't anticipate any changes.
Eric

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
USACMedia
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 11:50:32 AM »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE NOVEMBER 11, 2008

_NWOQMRA CLUB LATEST TO JOIN USAC .25 MIDGET PROGRAM_

The Northwest Ohio Quarter Midget Racing Association (NWOQMRA) is the latest to join USAC’s growing list of .25 Midget racing clubs.

Conducting races at the Lucas County Recreation Center in Maumee, Ohio since 1962, they compete on a high-banked blacktop oval and are excited about their new affiliation with USAC.

“It’s nice to be able to work with a professional sanctioning body to help keep costs curtailed and be governed by stable, consistent rules and safety regulations,” said club president Eric Rankin. “We are looking forward to cross-promotion within other forms of racing and at other venues to help promote our club and the sport of quarter midget racing in general.”

The addition of the Toledo club brings the total of .25 Midget member clubs to seven since the recent announcement of the USAC .25 Midget program.

“We are extremely pleased to have the NWOQMRA as part of our team,” added James Spink, USAC’s Developmental Series Director. “They have a great history and we are looking forward to working with Mr. Rankine and his board, who have recognized the benefits of USAC membership.”

The most recent exhibit of the .25 Midget show cars came at last weekend’s “Copper World Classic” at Phoenix (Ariz.) International Raceway and “Western World Championships” at Manzanita Speedway in Phoenix where thousands of race fans were able to view the cars and ask questions regarding USAC’s newest racing series.

USAC’s .25 Midget competition rules are being finalized and are expected to be online prior to Thanksgiving at www.usacracing.com.

--USAC--
gadams
Veteran

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 09:11:42 PM »

as far as i know buckeye voted to stay qma, they also rejected running the indoor series under any sanctioning except for the regional in feb.
d4hall
Veteran

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 09:38:52 PM »

as far as i know buckeye voted to stay qma, they also rejected running the indoor series under any sanctioning except for the regional in feb.

Buckeye has only voted what the indoors would be. The voted to keep the first five races that same as it has been, an independent non-points series. The two-day race at the end of February is still to be decided. As usual this will be decided in January.

The dates for the 2008-2009 Buckeye Indoor Winternationals are as follows:

November 22, 2008
December 13, 2008
January 17, 2009
January 31, 2009
February 14, 2009
February 28 + March 1, 2009

See everyone in Columbus!

Dale Hall
Indoor Director
Buckeye QMRA

Dale Hall
Columbus, Ohio
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2008, 04:43:24 AM »

RE: “It would be a shame to have region 4 leave QMA.”

I don’t recall hearing any of the tracks that joined USAC say that they are only going to run USAC and are leaving QMA.  I have however heard a lot of talk about dual charters which would mean that they plan to run both USAC and QMA.

Congratulations Toledo!

WingNut
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2008, 02:09:06 PM »

_NWOQMRA CLUB LATEST TO JOIN USAC .25 MIDGET PROGRAM_

The Northwest Ohio Quarter Midget Racing Association (NWOQMRA) is the latest to join USAC’s growing list of .25 Midget racing clubs.

The addition of the Toledo club brings the total of .25 Midget member clubs to seven since the recent announcement of the USAC .25 Midget program.

--USAC--

Did I miss a club? They say seven in the press release, but I only count 6.

• Kokomo
  • Las Vegas
  • Miami Valley
  • Tampa Bay
  • Mac-O-Chee
  • Northwest Ohio
USACMedia
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 03:35:08 PM »

There is a new start up club in Pennsylvania which will be announced shortly.
WingNut
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 07:15:43 PM »

There is a new start up club in Pennsylvania which will be announced shortly.

Is it within a reasonable driving distance of 17363?
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: