USAC Racing Forum
March 18, 2024, 10:53:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: tampa race  (Read 29760 times)
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 09:03:34 PM »

Yes, we raced the same Vegas on the WF at the Dirt Grand’s, transferred 5 times to the A-Main and finished 8th, that’s alot of laps and they were unmarred.

We then Qualified and Raced those Vegas at the next Regional race on the Lt. 160 car, flipped them and then the NEXT Regional raced on the Jr. Honda Car and even practiced about 50 laps a couple weeks later.  Most use we have EVER gotten out of a Vega, made me want to only run dirt until I spent 3 days cleaning all 4 cars...  :-(

Usually on the Lt. 160 we get one regional, flip and one more regional and they are toast.  Unless we have to transfer alot and then we need to mount more.  The WF gets one regional and they are junk, basically two transfers, any more better buy more tires.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 09:16:25 PM by goffin20 » Logged

Swartz
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 11:10:19 PM »

Low profile? HAHAHAAAAHA!!!! ( sorry Scott ) deco45, are you a real person or just some kid screwing around?
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 11:16:45 PM »

Must be because I stay out of the clicks and political BS, or maybe it’s because I have 3 boys and working on 4 cars alone keeps me at the trailer most of the time?

We are members of the Buckeye club, didn’t run any weeklies this year, only region 4, some Mid Ohio’s, the Dirt Grand’s and Ft. Wayne.

You must also keep a low profile because I don’t recognize Deco45 or your pic either?

ssssmoke
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2009, 11:47:24 PM »

and he is talking about 3 or 4 cars at mv and moc. has he ever been there? even though deco is fun to laugh at here and there, i think we should just ignore his post, there is nothing to get out of them.
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2009, 08:51:16 AM »

He's baaaack
Swartz
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 10:37:54 AM »

$30 dollers per car to practice
$40 per car entry if late it's $50
Only the people with alot of money can run USAC

What's up with the cost just to practice?Is this what we have to look forward to this year!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder if this guy is texting from the 24 foot double stack trailer next to his 40 foot mobile home that seem to be getting so popular. How is driving to Michigan 4 times this year cheaper? Personaly I'm looking forward to the regional banquet and that is going to set us back a couple of hundred dollars. If you have never been to a great wolf's lodge let me tell you about it. Our son got to go to one as a present from his aunt. When we stopped to pick him up I went down to the ticket counter so he could cash in for prizes. The very first thing I saw was a little girl, probably eight or so, in her pajamas with twizzlers and an ice cream cone in one hand a Mountain Dew and a $20 bill in the other trying to stuff it into a token machine next to a claw machine full of suckers and Tootsi Rolls. It was 11:00 p.m. and one of my nephews was going back to the Starbucks in the lobby to get another iced coffee. A little Las Vegas for 6 to 12 year olds. Should be a blast for the kids.
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 08:15:46 PM »

For the person that said: "Only people with a lot of money can race USAC" - What type of car, engine and tire program do you have?  My guess is a car that costs several thousand dollars, an engine that costs a thousand or more and tires that cost 240 a set.  Then throw in an enclosed trailer, a tow vehicle, tools, spare parts...etc.  Guess what...only people with a lot of money can race (PERIOD)  No matter how much anyone tries to control costs, it is still expensive as hell to race at any level and that is fine because it keeps it so only those that are serious about it actually do race. (Dont take this the wrong way...my family is by no means wealthy...we were just about the smallest setup at the Little 500, the point is racing isn't cheap).
As for QMA vs USAC costs go - My boy ran the Little 500 at New Smyrna and we spent a little bit more to do that than it will cost us to race the District Qualifier in Tampa.  Again add up how much you have invested in racing QMs and then try to keep a straight face while telling me $70 is ridiculous to spend to race a states/district level event.
Hoosiers vs Vegas - We haven't had the pleasure of running Vegas on our son's car yet, but we did run the new A35 Hoosiers that are the spec tire in Tampa this past weekend and there is almost no noticable wear at all.  I know the other classes wear them out much faster than our class does but overall I was pretty impressed with how the Hoosiers held up.

I guess what I am saying is..
When you count everything, the costs between QMA and USAC really aren't that different (anyone see the trailer fee for Huntsville yet?).
There is no way to please everyone with a tires selection because everyone has loyalties to something.  But at least everyone will be on the same thing in Tampa.
Finally...if $70 is too much for a district race you can always just stay home. Wink
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 09:29:21 PM by sfreitas20 » Logged

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: