USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:37:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: THE NEWEST HOTTEST AND COULD BE A FASTEST!! HYPER DEBUTS CAR!!  (Read 27017 times)
deerbybow
Rookie

« on: April 20, 2009, 09:35:45 PM »

LOOK HERE AND YOU'LL SEE MAN WHAT A SCHWEEET CAR!!  Congrats to Chris and Mike of Hyper Chassis making it happen in 2009 with the new 2009 Hyper Quarter Midget.  Debut in the Jr Honda and Heavy 160 Class at DQMRC 3rd in the jr a main and 1st win in heat and A main Heavy 160!!  look here, very nice guys!!!  Looking forward to more on the track!!!  Mike S

http://www.hyperracing.com/content.asp?id=6913
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 11:18:09 PM »

That is a sharp looking car...I like their choice of shocks. Smiley

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Mrneg
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 07:50:42 AM »

Nice looking car but appears to be just another copycat design. Time will tell if it is anything special but one race at his home track against not alot of competition doesn't prove much. When they show up at Oaklane and clean house I'll be impressed.

What are you doing racing 1/4 midgets I thought you were moving on?
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 04:11:49 AM »

Humor me. How does it look like a copycat chassis? I've never seen one in person but from the pictures it aesthetically and technically varies from any car I've ever seen. The car doesn't have traditional lines. They body is acceptably different. The seat is a little different. I could be wrong on this next one, but I've never seen the LF suspension done like that either.
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 09:00:26 AM »

The front  body panels are quite different.  The chassis seems similar to others, but also has some variations that time will tell if they make it better.  The LF looks like the Stanley LF, except the shock is visible on the Hyper due to the lower front body panel.

The front bumper looks a little silly out there that far, but maybe there is a reason for it.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 05:03:16 PM »

It’s hard to tell with the body panels on it anyway.  In my opinion, all of the chassis closely resemble each other but also have their own differences, most of them.

Looking at the rear of this car, it appears to have the wide upper frame that narrows at the bottom, much like the Hawk does, the left side resembles a Stanley or Bullrider as do the pickup points on the right side shocks, the left front inboard shock has been seen on the Eagle, Stanley and Bullrider (under their body panels) and the front axle resembles the NC.

The main difference that I notice between each chassis is their components and their quality.  From what I have seen, the Fisers have unique custom parts which have a nice quality, I like the rear bird cages on the Stanley for durability and maintenance but the size of the bird cages and bearings of the Hawk, the Front axle adjustment of the NC, the one bend front axle and simplicity of the Hawk and the spindles of the Stanley and Fiser, and the Throttle and Brake pedal setup on the Hawk, I like all of the bodies.

The one unique thing I see in the pictures is the right rear which appears to have a quick adjust type panard or sway setup, hard to tell by the pics though.

Again, hard to tell much from the pictures but would like to see one in person to appreciate the differences.

One thing I would like is a chassis that has easily accessible, adjustable, removable and replaceable parts for hot chute adjustment and repair.

When you think about it, QM’s are much like cars or trucks.  A Ford truck and Chevy truck are very much alike even though they are different.  Each company will take the good from many different manufacturers and combine them for what they feel will be the superior piece.

To me a copy cat is someone that mirrors something exactly, not someone that takes the goods from many and combines them into one product.  Otherwise, all of our wheels wouldn’t be round would they?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 05:05:13 PM by goffin20 » Logged

RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 10:28:33 PM »

Exactly, I mean since the inception of down tubes and a couple other things, there hasn't been much drastic innovation. It's just little variations that over time evolve the car.
racemom2000
Feature Winner

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 12:03:12 PM »

Don't know much @ the technical aspects (still learning), but looks awesome. Smiley

Katherine Weaver
www.noahweaver.com
Swartz
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 04:19:40 PM »

The suspension looks just like our 04' and 06' Eagle IVs. That looks like the same kind of rear panhard setup they use in mini sprints with a handle to adjust it. Something to watch on red flags. Nice piece though.
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 04:40:52 PM »

Could someone show me a pic of another QM that has the LF shock set up like that? I don't doubt that they are out there, I'd just like to see one.
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 04:52:04 PM »

If you mean the LF being inboard, yes, they have been on a few for a couple years as previously mentioned, they are just under the hoods and not exposed like this one.

sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 05:37:51 PM »

Take a look at my son's Stanley:

http://www.freitasracing.com/photogallery/32209/USAC%20District%20Race%20032209%20068b.jpg

The only difference is the body panel is lower on the Hyper so the top of the shock is exposed, where my boy's is right against the body panel because it fits under it without cutting the panel open.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 07:01:06 PM »

That's interesting. Thanks for the pic. The only newer Stanley I have seen is the one on their site and they have it mounted on the outside. That's neat if you have the option of mounting it mounting it either way.
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 11:15:33 PM »

Correct, the Hypers hood is much lower than most which exposes the inboard shock.

Swartz
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 09:06:12 AM »

There are three Eagle IVs and 1 Stanley here with that setup. Ours is 4 years old.

http://www.r4qma.com/results/2008/miamivalley.pdf
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: