USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:30:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: friday night shootout  (Read 12894 times)
ssssmoke
« on: March 10, 2009, 07:06:54 PM »

seen on mac o chee website they are having a friday night shootout. (5 races) under the lights..........AWESOME
grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 08:52:35 PM »

There now you can get your ice cream better buzz over and tell them to stay open late.  Wonder if those dates will change with Buckeye on board.
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 09:16:32 PM »

Awesome, let put on the old bodys,plenty of extra radius rods and lets go racin boy and girls, ALL OR NOTHING THATS WHAT I'M TALKEN ABOUT!!!!!!!
ssssmoke
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 09:26:37 PM »

granny, they were all open dates and i think most if not all are before a moc weekend race. so it should be awesome!!! its just who has the guts to try the bullring out on a friday night, shootout style!!
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 11:00:59 PM »

Well since its USAC, how about Sr. Half with the handlers driving and letting the kids handle the cars for mom and dad?

grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 11:24:20 PM »

Better call in a couple of squad cars if that happens (handler's racing) let alone if you all have some ETOH in you by that time.  Think I will stay home don't carry enough emergency stuff for that.  Although knowing you bunch of nuts you would have a blast but best not use Kodie's car!

goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 12:15:54 AM »

LOL, I couldn’t fit in Kody's car, well, I could probably get in but they would have to destroy the car cutting me out of it...

Trish and I fit very comfortably in the Hawk we got Ourselves, I mean Scotty for WF this year, more room than my truck...  ;-)

ssssmoke
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 07:43:48 AM »

the first fn shootout is this fri. at macochee. the weather is going to be awesome for racin all weekend. granny i bet your lickin your lips for some of that ice cream!!!! its going to be 80 degrees on saturday, perfect ice cream weather. i think its time to get that hh car out again.
grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 08:25:46 AM »

Got to work so have one ice cream on me!  Have fun should be great!  Doubt the heavy honda will ever be out again--hanging in the shop along with all the trophies.

Now heads up adults want no tramas coming to OSU from you guys doing whatever you hear me!  Let the kids race will be safer!
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 01:07:42 PM »

Well since its USAC, how about Sr. Half with the handlers driving and letting the kids handle the cars for mom and dad? - Goffin

You should do it, it is a blast.  We did something similar at our end of the year banquet in Tampa last year and it was hilarious.  They put six racing go-karts on the track and the handlers did a qualifying run, then a race and our drivers were our handlers.  Take a look at my boy lecturing me after my qualifying run for not taking the corners right: http://www.freitasracing.com/photogallery/120608/QMBanquet1b.jpg  Keep in mind he only raced twice before that day...it was a good time!

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 01:36:34 PM »

I plan on at least trying it at practice one day, I have heard that alot of people gain much respect for their drivers after experiencing what they go through.  Just have to find someone capable of pushing me off…lol

goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 01:37:58 PM »

That picture of your boy teaching you is priceless...  ;-)

grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 02:55:33 PM »

Scott F,  What a great picture giving such great memories.  Life is great with those little ones around.  Keep up the good work.
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 10:39:05 PM »

Yeah, it hilarious at the time, but later looking at the picture I realized how serious he was.  He was looking right at me...I have another picture too that I need to find where he took my Blackberry case and was using it to show me the arch of the corners and how I should be running.

Scott...that is true.  The JR. Rookies down here run about mid to low 10s and that is what we ran in the karts too.  I was shocked how fast the corners came and how quickly I had to be ready.  Then I realized my 6 year old actually does that every week.  It was a reality check for sure about how much skill these kids have.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: