USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:44:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Used Trophies  (Read 10953 times)
d4hall
Veteran

« on: April 10, 2009, 11:31:06 PM »

Does anybody know of a Quarter Midget Club or other sports group that would like some used trophies.

Dale Hall
Columbus, Ohio

Dale Hall
Columbus, Ohio
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 01:49:51 AM »

Sandusky...  ;-)

grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 06:25:27 AM »

Dale if any do not have the racing car on them you might check with special olympics and see if they would like them.  I also saw a post that they were trying to start a club in the Pitts, Pa I believe it is still on the forum.
ANB1
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 10:13:23 AM »

Hey Dale, you may want to check with Rick Thomason....Indy .25 as you know is new and the club series isn't for pts but Rick is wanting to provide awards for each race.  I'm sure he'd be interested in seeing what you have for sure.
d4hall
Veteran

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 10:31:15 PM »

Good idea's. I have already emailed inquiries to a couple Special Olympic sites, awaiting a reply. I will check with Rick T. also. Keep the ideas coming.

Thanks,

Dale

Dale Hall
Columbus, Ohio
grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 12:31:58 AM »

Have you checked with the Rec centers?  Possible there.  Do the schools need them Stef should know that.  Last resort would be ebay someone might buy them for small fee and postage just make sure you know the cost of putting them on ebay so you do not lose money.
grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 08:22:46 AM »

Thinking (dangerous I know) that a lot of clubs have the arrive and drive.  What about using those to give to the kids that show up for the arrive and drive.  Club could make new face plates that say Arrive and Drive and maybe the year.  might be a reminder that they want to learn to drive the QMs.  After driving allow them to pick out their own trophy.
ssssmoke
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 10:28:10 AM »

you can check with chad barr. he has given out special awards at the end of the year, with old trophys that he paints up. he might want a couple.
Melmo
Veteran

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 10:28:03 AM »

Dale several of years ago I was just setting around doing nothing and checking things out and seen where they were needing trophies for the special Olympics so I took the paper over to my dads house and showed him and he had the biggest smile on his face. I had over 300 hundred boxed up in the top of his garage so we took them all down and took them to the hall and dropped them off and we went to the games and watched the kids after the games and the smiles on there faces was the greatest thing ever seen!!! It was great to watch and see how every kid there put all there heart in to everything they've done!!! 

Melmo In The Fast Lane!!!
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: