USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:40:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Personal Transponder Question  (Read 10847 times)
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« on: April 11, 2009, 03:47:45 PM »

Some tracks have AMB scoring systems and others have the Raceceiver scoring systems.  My question is; Is there a type of personal transponder that will work on both systems?  I am considering buying one, but it only makes sense from a cost perspective if I can use it at all tracks.  If not, I will just keep paying the extra $5 to rent them at each track.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
goneracin
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 06:46:27 PM »

Every track that I know of is using the amb system. The raceceiver that you are hearing about is a two way communication device to allow the race director to talk to the drivers. Look for a transponder on ebay there is usually some on there.
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 08:38:58 PM »

Thank you for the response, but I wasn't confusing the RaceCeiver communication systems our kids use with transponders.  The same company, RaceCeiver, also makes transponder systems (http://www.raceceiver.com/p~28.php?c=11).  Here in FL, one track uses them and the other uses the AMB system.  My question is whether or not there is a transponder that would work on both systems.  It wouldn't be worth buying a personal transponder if I still had to rent one at half of the events we planned to go to.

Any information would be appreciated.

Oh yeah...I did check with both companies, but neither have responded to my question yet.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 08:46:41 PM by sfreitas20 » Logged

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Jason
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 09:23:07 PM »

Scott,
Unfortunately at this time there is not a common transponder that works with both systems. The loops in the track are the same but the computer software and decoder box that read them are totally different. You will need a Raceceiver/Westhold transponder if their system is used and an AMB transponder for that system.

Jason Smith, USAC
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 10:00:31 AM »

Thanks Jason!  I did hear back from both companies today too and both confirmed this as well.  Oh well, no personal transponder for us then.

See you in a few months in Indy for the Nationals!

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: