USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:01:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: "Generation Next" Round 1  (Read 23894 times)
Grace
Rookie

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 02:48:44 PM »

NEAT DEAL!! Agree with Live Strong one thousand percent.

I do have one negative thing… I gained five pounds from the dozen Cheese Coney Dogs I ate with my new found free time and great racing over the two days. What a relief not to have to work the whole time you’re there. If Buckeye’s not famous for those Cheese Coney Dogs they should and will be!!

Big Gap between the Fall Regional and this event, improvement top-to-bottom… This deal was operated like a little Bristol Race. I really wondered if USAC could change QM Racing, THEY HAVE. If you missed this one, don’t miss the next one!!.. It’s not perfect but the little things that need worked out are so small in comparison to the improvements they’re not on the chart.

USAC, Great vision and execution!
Buckeye Club, Marvelous!
All that helped, Congratulations!

As my driver said on the way home; “That was so cool and so fun, can we do it every weekend?”
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 04:00:18 PM by Grace » Logged
ssssmoke
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 09:44:50 AM »

Your right grace i had that bristol feeling all weekend. people will have to think really hard to find something that went wrong over the weekend, like it was a little chilly out or the grass wasnt green enough!! lol  i also had several coneys over the weekend, the coney sauce is a 100 year old recipe from a columbus based restraunt (phillips coney island) if im not mistaken. I think usac can maybe look into a two lap grace period under caution to try and keep as many cars on the track as possible, since time is not going to be such an issue. on a scale of 1 to 10 i give usac and the bqmra a 12. EXELLENT JOB
grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 10:35:27 AM »

Another item that handlers need to be aware of is that if you have a driver transferring into the next race please notify the pit steward as soon as possible so they can notify the tower.  If you have ever worked the tower it is one busy place.  Driver sheets need to be made out for transfers and the complete line up, scoring, keeping track of pit area etc.  So it is not always possible to note that there are drivers moving into the next class.

The other item I saw was people not realizing that corner workers are needed for all the races so if you notice that there needs to be one step up otherwise the driver's handlers need to take on the responsiblity and that ties them up during cautions when they might need to be signaling to their driver.

All in all everyone was very cooperative thus racing progressed without a lot of delays remember everyone the hot summer is coming and we need to get these drivers on the track as soon as possible.  Very hot in those suits with that sun beating down.  Kids dehydrate very quickly!

Good luck to all this racing season!
Live Strong
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2009, 12:05:21 PM »

Will USAC be bringing the same show to Miami Valley May 16-17 that was just in Columbus? Will it be the same format?
USAC Developmental
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2009, 12:48:12 PM »

The Point Standings for the "Generation Next Tour" Rd 1 are now posted on the News page.
Live Strong
Rookie

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2009, 12:39:48 PM »

The kids have been talking about this coming weekend's Miami Valley race since the Columbus event, just can't wait for the weekend to get here!

We'll be missing the weekly races at Mini Indy, driver says he would rather go to the GNT Regional but wished they wouldn’t have scheduled the two events on the same two days.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 01:52:23 PM by Live Strong » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: