USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:39:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Live streaming from Tampa  (Read 32295 times)
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2009, 01:49:31 PM »

SLOTWHO was talking to me about the hater comment.  He/she/it was questioning my home tracks safety and legality.  I happen to think Tampa is a great facility and has a great family running it.  If you don't like your kids having some area to peel off speed and/or gather the car up before pounding into a wall, then that is your choice.  I happen to feel a little safer with my kid running at the Tampa track than others with walls, but like I said I have seen hard crashes at both and never saw a driver get injured (knocking on wood).  I plan to race at the other places too, because no matter what I feel safe when my kid is strapped into his Randy LaJoie seat in his Quarter Midget.  As far as legality goes, do you really think USAC would come promote a big race at a track that doesn't meet their requirements?

Debbie...couldn't have said it better myself...it seems like the ones that criticize the most all have hidden emails, or are guests on the forums.

Yes this is about our kids and those who lose sight of that really need to focus.  I have said it before and I will say it again, my boy will run USAC, QMA or any other place that puts on good and SAFE Quarter Midget races.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 02:03:55 PM by sfreitas20 » Logged

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2009, 01:56:53 PM »

Hey Swartz you are not the only one who wonders count me in also.  And yes he IS still in the dog house.  All I can say is I tried to raise him right but he was the youngest of 6 and very very spoiled!  Just ask his brothers and sisters.

See you all soon can't wait for the racing to start!
BARRY LANDAU
Rookie

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2009, 02:26:37 PM »

Scott, thanks for your input. I think that you home track is great, I only asked "why there are no guardrails" to which people went off and thought I was criticizing. The run off is great for two reasons, safety and $$$$ but not all tracks have room for run-off's. One question I would like to ask  you since you are talking about SAFETY, do you have your kid in a Hans, R-3 or Hybrid?

Thanks and take care
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 02:57:52 PM by SLOTWHO » Logged
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2009, 03:18:52 PM »

No, he doesn't...yet...We made the decision when we started that we were going with the LaJoie Seat right out of the gate and that he would get a Hans, Hutchins or other type of head and neck restraint system before he moves out of the Rookie/Novice class.  Sure, we know there is some risk there with AJ due to only going with the neck collar, but it is a decision my wife and I made based on many factors and it is a decision I am satisified with at this time.  I have been asking anyone I see using any of the devices for their input on what they have and what they like (Spent hours with the Impact rep recently going over several models in detail).  If you are using one, please feel free to give my your opinion on what you have so I can make an informed purchase when we are ready for that.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2009, 04:43:07 PM »

We liked the Tampa track very much. It was different than what we are used to running in Ohio. It offered challanges to us that we have not seen before. Ross like the size of the track and I like that it did have areas for run off. We look forward to coming back and racing again in the future. The Garcia's are great people. They were at our trailer to welcome us to their track as soon as we pulled in and came back to talk to us each night after the races.
Eric Rankine

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
ssssmoke
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2009, 08:43:45 AM »

i didnt make the tampa trip but the thoughts of a run off before a wall sounds good to me(and the car in my shop thats cut in half because of a collision into a wall). any thoughts or ideas to make this sport safer is something people need to let out, even if it might not seem to be the greatest idea, anything can stem from the smallest thought. lets all keep heading in that direction. granny, i was going to bring you some ice cream but it started melting and i had to eat it!!!! your just gonna have to get up to W.L. soon.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: