USAC Racing Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:24:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Will the real Ernie Bose please stand up!  (Read 9258 times)
tarpondawg
Rookie

« on: March 19, 2009, 10:34:24 AM »

Whats up out in Cali? Looks like QMA and USAC have the Ernie Bose record breaking race.
Gazza
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 09:06:37 PM »

The real one be at OSQMA. It was announces weeks ago and posted on their webb site before Madera. Its always been a S. CA tradition from Pomona, which was the fastest track, to Orange show, which s now the fastest track. QMA legal!
From what I hear that track is the fastest in the USA. It was run last year at Orange Show, and there were two cars under 5 seconds (one was a Honda!). A new track and high banking. Maybe racers are scared to race it or would you want to race on the best track to see if you are really as good as you think!
Isn't the Enie Bose a club race, so how can QMA designate a clubs named race to another club? Maybe OSQMRA should have another clubs traditional race. They would not do that, because the club is about racing for children from all sanctioning bodies. I gonna race where ever I want unless I can't because of stuff like this!
I going to the fastest track......

deerbybow
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 10:54:57 AM »

I am just a bit confused on this one? isn't and wasn't ernie a qma hall of famer and advocate? why should a non-sanctioned club compete and be able to host what they don't support or advocate any longer? that race would just prove that a USAC track supports QMA past members and the organization? besides, Pomona had the tradition, now there is another club that has stepped up to continue, THE QMA tradition of this race?  Since OSQMRC decided to leave QMA, why would they not rename the race? Maybe a Robbie Stanley Record Race? or other long standing USAC member/hall of famer?  As for the real race, since he was QMA...........??
Just my .02   Roll Eyes
Gazza
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 06:52:36 PM »

Ernie Bose has stepped up and wants the race in S California at the fastest track in USA.
He gave full rights to his name in writing, to be used exclusively to Orange Show Quarter Midgets Racing Association, no matter what sanctioning organization they belong to. It is a shame that there are people in this sport that really are not advocating that it’s for children to race, anywhere, any track, and under any organization.
The Ernie Bose race is a club sanctioned race just like the Winter Nationals in Vegas. QMA or USAC do not own the races. The Winter Nationals do not follow QMA format, so does that make it an outlaw race, but QMA does not comment.
I'm an advocate for all of the sanctioning bodies but what a few are doing and apparently saying is absolutely ignorant and frankly, immature! They are not helping the sport especially on the QMA side.
There are 40% of QSMRA that did not vote for USAC, and some of them are not getting treated very well (despite the press release by QMA). QMA and few of the uninformed members should remember it is about the children being able to race at all tracks and their families should be welcome at those tracks, whether their home track is USAC, QMA or BillyBobs Racing Association!

ssssmoke
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 07:22:18 PM »

seems simple to me gazza. well said!
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 10:57:06 PM »

Very well said Gazza!

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
deerbybow
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 12:19:28 PM »

information you don't get to read anywhere else unless you ask, hence the question.  very fast track just a shame it's so far away.  I am not sure, but not many easterners attended that race last year, but definately looks like a fun track!! 
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: