March 28, 2024, 05:51:29 PM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: Is USAC going to address the live video log in issue?  (Read 6247 times)
sprinter25
Rookie

« on: March 01, 2009, 12:40:56 PM »

:'(

First, let me say a few things...

I know that it's free....and that three years ago, we did not have this available to us.....

I know that there are server bandwidth limitations....

I know that there are probably more folks across the country watching on line at this time of year, which makes it tougher to get to video for all of us.....

But I'm getting a bit frustrated, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, with my inability to access the live stream. But rather than blast USAC, I'd like to explore solutions....

If you have to charge an access fee so that people can decide if it's worth it, then do it; at least they'll have a right to Bitc* about product delivery, and USAC will be able to spend a bit more on bandwidth.

But don't continue to offer a product that doesn't meet public needs; I given up trying to access the link after ten or fifteen minutes......and I'm sure that USAC would rather not lose fans/viewers...
Kevin
Administrator
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 04:35:50 PM »

we will have a solution prior to next race. We are doing everything we can to continue free live streaming. This is a matter of server capacity and we will be working on this week. Unfortunatley, we were all traveling out west and could not resolve capacity issues while traveling.

USAF is a leader in providing live timing and scoring from the track, and we will continue to pursue technologies that provide our fans access to our great racing. 

We apologize as we continue to experience more demand than anticipated. Thanks for your patience as we address the situation.

Kevin

sprinter25
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 05:20:51 PM »

we will have a solution prior to next race. We are doing everything we can to continue free live streaming. This is a matter of server capacity and we will be working on this week. Unfortunatley, we were all traveling out west and could not resolve capacity issues while traveling.

USAF is a leader in providing live timing and scoring from the track, and we will continue to pursue technologies that provide our fans access to our great racing. 

We apologize as we continue to experience more demand than anticipated. Thanks for your patience as we address the situation.

Kevin

Thanks for taking the time to reply, and on a Sunday, no less!

I hope that you're able to get the issues addressed; I guess that the proof of the pudding will be in the tasting....

Thanks for the prompt response....
race88
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 09:30:56 PM »

Kevin ,you know you can sell ad space when you guys get it right....It's obvious there is a large group that will tune in.
Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: