USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:27:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Buckeye Indoor Winternationals  (Read 16697 times)
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« on: March 02, 2009, 10:22:59 AM »

The good people at the Buckeye Quarter Midget club did a great job this year with the BQMRA Indoor Winternational series. They are a great bunch of people that put in a lot of time an effort so that we can race all winter. Despite the economy the racers traveled to this event to race against the best in the country. A special thanks needs to go out to Liz Compton and Rich Cagle for all they have done for the Buckeye club and its membership despite the efforts of others to discredit them.
Eric Rankine

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 10:33:15 AM »

Yes, job well done!

The podium style awards at the end of each race were truly classic!!!  Definitely something the kids will always remember.

ssssmoke
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 10:39:34 AM »

yes good job to liz compton. also congrats to ross sweeping the sr. honda a mains. we had alot of fun trying to chase him down this winter. he is a good kid and awesome driver!! good job
grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 11:01:28 AM »

Certainly was a classy presentation of the top three winners.  I was not able to come on Sat but was certainly impressed with how smoothly the Sunday races went.  I was home by 3:30 PM which is a record for me when we go to Sunday races.  Flagmen, Race Directors, Judges, Pit Stewarts and the tower ladies were really on the ball.  Our young people should be and I am sure very proud to have had the opportunity to race indoors this winter; although, I will bet many of them wish there were more.

Come quick April!
Phil
Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 01:21:47 PM »

Great time there at Columbus, cant wait untill next year. Even the people that made phone calls to get this race boycotted appeared to be having fun.
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 01:35:06 PM »

"Even the people that made phone calls to get this race boycotted appeared to be having fun"

You mean that people were calling around trying to get the race boycotted and actually showed up themselves???  Sounds pretty childish in my opinion, more like a bunch of whiney little brats when they don’t get their way.

Says a lot about the Buckeye club though, they could have refused their entry because “they were being detrimental to the Indoor Winter Nationals” like others would have.

ssssmoke
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 01:56:51 PM »

your right scott, also liz and rich and many other bqmra members are there for one reason race and have fun, and they dont care who shows up. pretty simple isnt it
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 04:25:08 PM »

Yes, everyone is welcome, even those with morons for parents…  ;-)

brad_tribble
Veteran

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 05:43:37 PM »

You mean that I can go too?

Brad
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 05:48:58 PM »

Yes, even you are welcome Brad...  lol

LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 06:39:06 PM »

Only bad thing about indoors they tryed to show favororites.Like rankine they were going to let him pit in the infield.Smiley  I sure will miss indoors took our last laps around there yesterday.Will be there to help and watch next year.Won't miss that.
ssssmoke
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2009, 07:15:15 PM »

you dominate there that much LLR you can pit anywhere you like!!! do you think the tent being screwed down would have stopped a car though?
gadams
Veteran

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 07:17:24 PM »

the local news coverage was really nice channel 10 even showed the junior novice trophy presentation on the sunday morning news. They also used our car and tyler to show how all the safety gear works, he was so excited that he was up at 7 am to watch, thanks to longbrake demolition for the super nice novice trophys. This was our last novice race, i would like to thank everyone that helped out with my learning curve this winter.
grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 01:49:56 PM »

LLR, I hope I am around when they get you back!  And they will
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 11:14:30 PM »

Great job Buckeye club, for a awesome winter series. I do have one question, what does one have to do for a infield pit or should i ask Mr. Rankine Grin
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: