USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:08:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: tire treatment at fall nationals  (Read 277642 times)
lm_79
Rookie

« Reply #210 on: March 17, 2009, 06:08:48 PM »

BennettRacing,

Actually a Pro-Truck besides the stock sub-frame, has stock suspension, stock brakes, and an automatic transmission. Cant get more street stock than that. Also I imagine your running Fasttrucks, so yaw are just racing against other 12 yr old kids, yea that really impressive. I bet Rick Hendrick has a scout at all those races. Get an ASA Late Model and if yaw can dominate that then your doing something.
grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #211 on: March 17, 2009, 06:13:13 PM »

Hey guys,  Guess everyone is bored to death waiting for racing season to start.  Just wish you all would work on getting the tracks ready, cars ready and stop the back and forth negative comments.  I think we all have seen enough in the past few months to last a life time.

All the young men and ladies who race are the greatest and all of you handlers who work your tails off getting those cars ready are the greatest also.  Matters not where you finish, what trophies you won or did not win; none of that matters as long as our young persons are growing to adulthood learning to be fair and honest.  Learn to deal with the ups and downs in life.  Most of all be able to look up to their families with pride in the way the family works together to make the racing weekends fun.

So stop hitting each other verbally and start being positive for the future.  None of us are stupid enough to think we can change QMA or that USAC is going to be 100% positive.  We all hope we are going in the right direction be it with QMA or USAC.

April cannot come soon enough for me.  Use your words to ask for decent weather fror these children in Florida then on to Ohio.

Drive on kids we are behind you!
BennettRacing
Rookie

« Reply #212 on: March 17, 2009, 06:22:22 PM »

im 79,
We have all racing brakes and we can only spend up to 200 dollars on shocks, and the transmissions are full racing transmissions that are manual shift with no clutch. I race people that are all ages because i'm 14. Lets see you come out of the corners at 80 spinning the tires and see if you can keep it straight. Trucks are harder to drive than asa. asa is like driving a cadillac.
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #213 on: March 17, 2009, 06:32:20 PM »

OK, Bennett, enough already.

Race season here has not started for us like it has for others around the country so we are still waiting for our season to start.

To be honest, this forum is really beginning to look alot like QMA with all the negativity and bashing going on.  And negativity and bashing does not look good to potential sponsors and car owners because their drivers are a reflection of their company, regardless of how good they are!  Personally, I will not support any driver that is arrogant, cocky or conceded, some I won’t even sell stuff to.

So let’s grow up everyone and act like adults here.

PhilHeil
Rookie

« Reply #214 on: March 17, 2009, 06:43:13 PM »

You can change organizations, but unfortunately you are not going to get rid of some of the attitudes that make the sport miserable for everyone else.

That being said, right on Grandma13....I agree completely.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 07:23:50 PM by PhilHeil » Logged
BennettRacing
Rookie

« Reply #215 on: March 17, 2009, 07:36:18 PM »

Hey PhilHeil,
If it is really a grandma, I sincerely apologize for my child.  But, you all need to grow up yourself.  It just isn't fair that a handful of Board of Directors can accuse some of us of cheating and can not show the proof.  As for instance, Bruce, Jr. is now listed on NC's web site as being DQ'd and it wasn't even his tires. Robin Drier, which is the Region 13 Director told Bruce, Sr. last Thursday that she would fax him something right away on the disqualification in NC, because he wanted to take Bruce, Jr and go racing at the NSQMRA in New Smyrna, that didn't happen.  Last night, he called her and she denied ever saying that.  Then come back and quoted that the reason she didn't is he asked that she sign the fax, when she sent it. And, she didn't want her name on anything.  On, top of all this in February when she called him to tell him that they said that our tires on Wendy's car were illegal and we was being suspended for that.  Bruce, Sr. got upset and said that he never put anything on his tires and that Dave and them should show all of us the results.  She also told him that the club would not have to know anything about this, that it would only be kept between her and him, their secret.  Bruce,Sr. told her that he didn't have anything to hide and wanted this all taken care of that he would even take a lie detector test to prove it to them. And, that he wanted the club to know what had happened.  He hung up, and I called her back and told her that I understood that Bruce,Sr. said that Dave Preston told her that it was a good thing that he suspended all of us, during the break that we could all go back to racing when the season started up.  She said, no that it was her that said they could keep this tire thing between the two of them.  And, of course I disagreed with her, because we weren't cheating at all and if a substance got on our tires it was from other sources.  We still have not received anything and its March 17, 09 already.  What makes me really mad and upset is that these are QMA Board of Directors messing with our children.  I am not going to lie for anyone.  I have had friends of ours over the years ask me to go judge their kids race, to make sure that they don't get any calls.  Well, guess what I did go judge, but I would not take up for any one kid and we have even DQ'd our own kids on a few occasions, such as being under weight or wrong restrictor plate.  In the long run, I have had those friends get mad at me, because they thought that I could stop a call.  A lot of times their kid did help out in the accident, or was at fault.  I only say what I see!  We all make mistakes.  Yes, you and I have being going at it.  But, things have really changed over the 2 or 3 years.  Hope you get over all of this and enjoy your racing.  I guess it just bugs us that this is a kid sport and they are a few out there messing it all up for the rest .  Anyway I hope your child succeeds in whatever he chooses.  But, you will never hear me tell my child or any of my other children that they cannot accomplish what they want in life.  It may take time, but if you try you can do anything that you put your mind too.  I'm not your average woman, I have always had to work hard for myself.  I can do a lot of stuff that most women wouldn't even know where to start.  We never had an attitude, until all of this happened and isn't the Board of Directors suppose to let their members know something, we cain't get a response from any one.  Just promises!  Sorry, for the misunderstanding between us.  But, hope you stop and think, what if this was your family and you enjoyed the sport as much as us.  Take Care.

BennettRacing
Rookie

« Reply #216 on: March 17, 2009, 07:42:03 PM »

goffin20
I wish you guys were racing and your right on the head with looks like QMA.  Usually no one here is cocky, etc.  But, they really hurt an innocent family.  Good Luck with your racing.
BennettRacing
Rookie

« Reply #217 on: March 17, 2009, 07:50:22 PM »

grandma13
I deeply apologized for Bruce, Jr.'s comment.  And, I hope you take it.  Bruce, Jr. is only 14 and a real smart kid.  By the way, they love to race in Columbus.  I just wish this was all over and done with.  Maybe we will leave quartermidgets all together and let these people run it into the ground.  It is for the kids, but it takes people like us that know that.  We have had people wanting to throw out certain ones for their attitudes and they are either on the Board or has some buddies there.  That it will never happen.  Good Luck Grandma13 and Take Care. 
PhilHeil
Rookie

« Reply #218 on: March 17, 2009, 07:55:12 PM »

There is a simple solution to this....don't make doping tires illegal.  Go back to the rule where you can't do it at the track.

We used to get numerous races in on a set of tires because I would clean them and treat them as soon as we got home from the track.  If nothing else they at least stayed strong enough to test with.

I realize it's toxic but so is grease, oil, gasoline etc.  I have seen handlers filling their car with gas when the driver was sitting in it.

Most handlers that are doping are doing it on the inside of the tires anyway to avoid detection.  If they can do this away from the track without their kids around I don't see a reason why doping should be illegal.  Almost all other forms of racing that I am familiar with allow it.
lm_79
Rookie

« Reply #219 on: March 17, 2009, 08:00:44 PM »

Actually not to many forms of asphalt racing allows doping. But with that said, if you can't police it, make it legal.
kickin@racing
Rookie

« Reply #220 on: March 17, 2009, 08:58:32 PM »

The ones that know for a fact they are not cheating have a right to stand up for ourselves, so everyone else get your nose out of it...... stop talking about our kids.
lnrracing
Rookie

« Reply #221 on: March 17, 2009, 09:56:19 PM »

Another good thing being lost to negativity, this forum.  I used to enjoy getting on here for a couple of minutes to read about what is going on with this form of racing.  A form of entertainment over the long winter in Indiana!!!  But it isn't any fun reading these posts anymore, especially this one. 

Please realize that your issues with QMA, Nascar, or IRL for that matter will not get resolved on this forum.  If you need to bash or hash something out with someone, knowing them by name or not knowing them because of a screen name, get their phone number or send them a private email.  Mercy!!

Lets use this medium for fun and entertainment!!  I know we are all good people, now lets act like we are face to face when communicating with others, and not hundreds of miles apart behind a computer screen.  Accountability.

Happy Racing!!!  Whatever form. (QMs, sprints, late models, legends, midgets, go karts, r/c cars, slot cars, Nascars, Indy Car, street stocks, pinewood derby, soap box derby, Matchbox, Hot Wheels)  Don't ruin my fun!!!!!!

Lincoln Chapple
grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #222 on: March 18, 2009, 12:30:17 AM »

To all:

Yes,  I am the grandmother of 13.  One of them now races and is not allowed to race in QMA as membership has been taken away.  Thus you are not alone; but, we are just waiting and watching knowing that sooner or later the membership of QMA will wake up and realize what is happening and make the necessary changes in the leadership.

Does not being allowed to race QMA bother us no to us it is a joke.  Yes we supported USAC and will continue to do so and that racer will run USAC and is also getting ready to advance to the 600 series.

The racer was allowed to get the championship regional trophy and that now is all that matters.  Her record as a racer speaks for itself and I am very proud of her, my son, and her mother.  All three have held their heads high and continue to point out the problems.  They know it is not the majority of the QMA members but the leadership.  They will as we will continue to support the local club now that we are allowed to be involve as that club is no longer QMA.

so the next time you are in Columbus and see the older gentleman manning the scales say hello as we are that family as in the past trying to work and help where we can to see to it that the young people can have a fulfilling and eventful race.

We know who we are, that the racer is a clean racer, that the cars are legally set up as well as the tires and that is all that matters to us. 
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #223 on: March 18, 2009, 08:05:14 AM »

For those that wish to bash, http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/QuarterMidget2/ is a good "neutral" place to vent so we can keep this forum positive.

brad_tribble
Veteran

« Reply #224 on: March 18, 2009, 08:26:41 AM »

Thanks Scotty....send them my way.  The QM2 group is already called the Jerry Springer Show by some.  (Since tone does not come through well on a group this is sarcasm.  Everyone is welcome to express their own opinion as long as it matches mine)

Brad
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: