March 28, 2024, 12:09:31 PM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: FF / Jr FF schedual  (Read 8792 times)
idhale
Rookie

« on: January 28, 2009, 11:58:02 PM »

seems to be some confusion with the FF sched, no race at Ventura 3/7/09 practice day, Jr FF at Ventura 3/14/09 not Havasou with FF, big bummer was going to run both FF and Jr but now usac or Ventura splitting tracks, same thing for Perris FF no Jr's the're at Ventura?,
midmad68
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 12:14:29 PM »

the biggest problem that i see is the may 2nd date. it's on bakersfield's website, but i think it has to do with an overlap on the midget schedule. if we only end up with one bakersfield race this year, i will be quite disappointed. bakersfield is a much better track than ventura for both the ff and midgets.

slide or be slid...
idhale
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 02:28:05 PM »

the Bakersfield sched only shows FF and not Jr's another bummer, also the Perris sched shows FF and not Jr's but Jr's at Ventura again splitting the show,
midmad68
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 05:05:15 PM »

personally, i don't want to see the juniors run any track bigger than ventura...meaning perris or bakersfield, or havasu. from what i've seen, the junior drivers lack the mental capacity to run those types of places. bakersfield for the most part is easy to drive in an underpowered car, but when it gets rough, i would imagine that a lot of juniors will get on their head, and we can't have that. after what happened with michael burba at ventura last year, i don't want to see any more of these young drivers being put at risk more so than they already are. i think that the juniors are an important step in progress of a young racer, but lets not push the envelope too far here. it's healthy for the full focus division as well because some drivers can run both or rent their car out to someone else. i'm not sure what's gonna happen with the 3/7 date...probably gonna be cancelled if the track isn't conducting any racing on that night.

slide or be slid...
idhale
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 08:58:31 PM »

maybe you are correct about some Jr drivers lack of capacity but some have years of experience and some have none other than a few track lessons, Havasou 1/4 mi did fine last year? Perris 1/4 infield, 1/4 mi Bakersfield? i wouldnt hesitate to put my 13 year old out there,if i thought he was over his head i wouldnt, Ive seen as many adult weapons in sprints and midgets,there is no 3/7 race at Ventura, its just a shame to divide the car count, just my 2 cents,
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 04:57:18 PM by idhale » Logged
Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: