March 28, 2024, 10:46:36 AM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: Track Preparation at Terre Haute  (Read 6297 times)
dorsey40
Rookie

« on: July 24, 2008, 03:19:17 PM »

I was disappointed in the track last night (7/23) at Terre Haute.  The new promoters had to have learned something last night.  I hope they learn how to prepare the track before the Hut 100.  How the drivers were able to see much navigate is beyond me.  It was bad for fans and drivers.
indy1808
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 01:23:51 PM »

Angry
Yes, I'm sorry but I will not be back until this gets straightened out.
As a fan I don't like being held hostage, to wait for the racing action, sun or no sun(poor excuse).
While the so called pre-race festivities go on the frontstretch as the water evaporates from the track. I would hope Usac was not happy with this either. Plus this NOT being a weekend night letting it go on & on. I would say 85 % of the fans were from out of town & had to work the next day. I myself had a 90 mile drive. It would have been nice to be home early.
I'm making alternate Hut 100 plans now.
It's very unfortunate as this is the closest track to me & has such a rich tradition.
I was really excited about the new promoters re-opening & bringing it back. Oh well, I guarantee I wasn't the only one saying they wouldn't be back. What a shame!
Justin
Feature Winner

race=life

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 12:55:33 AM »

yeah it was just a little dusty!!!! Sad

To race is to win. To get 1st is to succeed! To succeed to to make dreams come true!
Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: