USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:58:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: usac positive  (Read 35978 times)
ssssmoke
« on: January 20, 2009, 11:16:45 AM »

i recently decided to run usac only, thats my choice, but im not going to sit around and bash qma they seem to be doing a good enough job doing that thierselves. i make a motion to talk about usac positives on this forum and set a good example of what qm racing is about especially for the new people who are not sure what they want yet.
Phil
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 11:33:12 AM »

I second that.
ssssmoke
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 11:48:12 AM »

thanks phil. the first thing is i like how usac is letting the clubs have say in decisions being made, like voting on the spec tire. my personal choice was firestone, but hoosier being made in america is also important to me. i just hope they can improve thier tire program more and more.
grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 02:24:42 PM »

This was a wonderful idea.  I also appreciate that some of the schedule is up.  It is necessary for me to put my requests in at work very early in order to get the time off I need and this certainly helps.  I hope this blog or webpage will soon come up with a schedule.

For all of you who will be racing USAC I wish you the very best of luck and hope the young persons enjoy the time.  I am anxious myself to see some of the races and since the midwest is so active looks like we will get to see several.

It is so much fun for an older person to see these little persons driving around those tracks then watch them get out of the car and they are so small and ever so cute looking up to their handlers for that "Did I do ok" look.

USAC keep up the good work and thanks for supporting our young people.
ssssmoke
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 02:47:00 PM »

i know alot of clubs are wanting to finalize a schedule, and are working hard at doing it. the buckeye club is having a hard time right now because of so much resistance from qma. THEY VOTED DUAL CHARTER, THATS WHAT THEY WANT, LET THEM DO IT. i think if club wants to race both ways let them THEY ARE THE MEMBERS!!! they pay the money!!!  good luck to bqmra, they are good people. im glad our club is usac, because they dont care if we want to join qma at another track they are fine with that. and they are fine with dual charter too.
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 04:18:33 PM »

Hey guys, i think this is the correct way to proceed forward. USAC has jumped in too this with both feet and we as members need to help in every way posible. We as members need to answer question of other clubs in a positive attitude not saying that we can't point out differences. I believe we all are going to have a awesome season and do things that our kids and us as parents will never forget. I believe our local schedules will be out soon.Grin
twofastanditshows
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 04:31:52 PM »

Amen to this. Shouldn't matter what series it is, racing is racing, let's just do it! Why we have to drag adult baggage into it is beyond me.  Cheesy
LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 09:51:22 PM »

you know sssmoke your right.I've had a great time in my four years running 1/4 midgets.I could tell some funny stuff.One that comes to mind is going to the grands in kansas and waking up in the motorhome to high winds and watching the grands tent come apart.Another one is at toledo watching four kids other than mine running my motors.Those kids were so happy and had fun.I think one of the dads was scared more than the kid in light mod.The funny thing was he won the second indoor race and only his 4th light mod race.Know that is what makes this fun.So now lets get the racing back forget about all the B.s.see you in two weeks.
ssssmoke
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 10:12:35 PM »

just think about the kids thats going to run the nationals inside the indianapolis motor speedway, i wish i had done that as a kid!! and all the nascar drivers that came out of usac and are supporting usac 100 %. 2009 is going to be a good year
LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 11:00:29 PM »

sssmoke my driver won the junior rookie race in her first year.That was amazing.There is no other race then that one.Out of speedway by 6:00 and at the rv seatin drinking some frosty bevs.And all the kids wanting to go race go karts go figure.
ssssmoke
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 09:47:46 AM »

yet another usac positive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!       Cody Coughlin impresses at USAC main event
1/18/2009

Third-generation racer Cody Coughlin had a special crew member helping him out Saturday night when NASCAR superstar and fellow Team JEGS driver Kenny Wallace came to Columbus, Ohio, to cheer on his favorite Quarter-Midget pilot. The son of drag racer John Coughlin and grandson of NHRA pioneer Jeg Coughlin Sr., Cody didn't disappoint, leading the USAC main event towards the end of the race before ultimately finishing second by a fender.

Cody and the leader were going at it over the last few laps and raced clean and fair to the finish, where Cody's opponent eked out the win. The race drew a standing ovation from the crowd at the Ohio State Fairgrounds complex and earned Cody a high-five from NASCAR driver Jeff Burton, who was on hand to crew for his own son.

"I'm completely impressed with Cody," Wallace said. "I can't believe that was only his seventh race in the car. He was aggressive throughout and really stayed up on the wheel.

"I saw Jeff Burton and Dave Blaney there, my NASCAR buddies, so I was trying to be cool but when Cody took the lead on a restart with just a few laps to go I was jumping around and going crazy. I couldn't help myself. He almost won the thing but that other kid had a lot more experience and just got him by a foot or two at the end. It was a heckuva race.

"There were 198 cars there from as far away as western Canada and Oregon. I couldn't believe how big of a deal it was. Cody did great, man. He'll get a win real soon driving like that. I'm so proud of him."

grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 10:08:04 AM »

Congrats to Cody!  He will keep going and do well.  Cheer him on.  Drivers and Handlers I swear are a crazy bunch.  The temp was so darn low and that building is not warm at all.  You have to be a real racing lover to get cars ready and drive in this crazy cold Ohio weather.  Hope he tries again in two weeks.
gass
Veteran

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 05:07:45 PM »

sssmoke my driver won the junior rookie race in her first year.That was amazing.There is no other race then that one.Out of speedway by 6:00 and at the rv seatin drinking some frosty bevs.And all the kids wanting to go race go karts go figure.

This is a good experience for all kids no matter what club they are from.  It is a lot of fun, we plan on going to Toledo to race in June and then on to IMS.  I have the priviledge of being at the 500 before fans are allowed in and every year watching it come alive on race day. I think this is something that the kids feel the electricity "magic" about IMS when they race there...   

2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 05:27:22 PM »

It was awesome to hear Codys cheering section last weekend, that what we are here for. I have to agree that our race at IMS will be something the kid will never forget. Smiley
LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2009, 06:05:17 PM »

I tried to get kenny Wallace to take the mic.Wouldn't that have been fun.That guy is a nut and is extermely funny.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: