April 19, 2024, 10:05:38 PM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: Midget Driver from the mid to late sixties named Tom Sellberg  (Read 8314 times)
Tom
Rookie

« on: February 12, 2009, 10:16:12 PM »

Hello,
I am looking for a driver that I used to watch race in the sixties in the midwest.  His name is Tom Sellberg and at that time he drove car number 8.  At that time he lived in Englewood California.  My guess is he would be in his early to mid 70's by now.  He was about my dads age. I have pictures from when we would watch him race at Shaheens in Springfield Illinois.  He raced with other drivers like Mike McGreevy, Bob Wente, Bob Tatersall, The Cruthers (brothers who drove yellow cars) and many others. This is when racing was racing...before the role cages...I know we needed to add safety things and that is good..  My father (who passed away some 14 years ago) made contact with Mike McGreey in Florida several years ago but unfortunately I have no contact with him...if he reads this I would love to hear from him or his family.  Anyway my dad took us (the family) to as many races he could and we watched these guys race all over the state of Illinois, Indiana and sa couple times in Ohio.  I have 8 mm film of the Action Track in Terre Heute Indiana from around that time frame.  It is cool to watch them.

I would appreciate any help in my search.
Thank you,
Tom Sellberg
Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: