USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:08:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: tire treatment at indoors  (Read 117551 times)
ssssmoke
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2009, 12:15:09 PM »

you would think so, but!!!!
ssssmoke
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2009, 11:38:51 AM »

stii havnt heard anything on the tire test at indoors?  hoax?
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2009, 06:00:51 PM »

I am very uneasy about treated tires i seen at indoors this weekend. Several car had these tires on them, maybe that would explain why we had so many car on two wheels and a couple upside down.
Phil
Veteran

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2009, 06:46:11 PM »

I was most uneasy with the car in the Sr Stock heat race that was running HOT fuel. I could smell it soon as I walked out of the restroom. I hope Buckeye takes a hard stance on that.
MOC96
Rookie

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2009, 06:58:45 PM »

2fast4u, i agree 100%. my driver has never biked at any track...ever. he was lifting 6 inches easily. that was the first time i saw my kid scared in a QM car. we are indoor veterans, i went to extreme measures to loosen the car. even with a bad tire choice we shouldn't be that far off. on a normal day, he would have spun in circles on the first turn. in the end, he biked and we parked it with 5 laps to go in the A main. i will not destroy my car or break my kids neck to run with guys who need to cheat to keep up.

The shame is that the Buckeye club busts their butt to put on a great winter deal. Dale, Liz and the Buckeye crew put in ridiculous hours in on this series. but they were busy dealing with spoiled brat kids vandalizing the property, dads doping their fuel (the smell was obvious) and the usual challenges of running such a big event. then we have guys with slop on their tires.

Go ahead and teach your kid that cheating is better than hard, honest work. My Boy will beat you every time.
LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2009, 09:43:38 PM »

try flagging that race.I was on the radio wanting it done when they came off the track.That fuel deal and tires are bs.Why people have to do that to win  a trophy.I'm just wondering if people smelled it two weeks ago or if it was this week only.I hope they get caught and kick there a.. out for a while.That's why I like  "A" bore and stroke and letter eat.Even though my driver was not happy with me this weekend.
ssssmoke
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2009, 10:01:08 PM »

hate to say it but i think they want entry fees more than safety or there would be some suspensions handed out by now. or until its thier kid sitting there in a wrecked car with someone stableizing thier head
pokesalad
Rookie

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2009, 02:28:28 PM »

I would not just blame the handlers, The track officials were spraying stuff on the track. This was the first time I have been up there in 2 years. We came up there with no altered tires, thinking this was going to be checked. Well I guess I will be bringing the jug with me at the finals LOL  This made Reg 3  look like angels

Pokesalad
ssssmoke
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2009, 04:30:42 PM »

first of all they only check the impounded cars, second when they find it on thier tires they dont do anything. third when you loosen the cars to the max and still bike its a problem. gotta keep them car counts up!!!!!
MOC96
Rookie

« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2009, 08:19:24 PM »

the track officials have always sprayed the track down. this is nothing new. it didn't cause the drastic track change. i don't recall the product they use. maybe LLR or Dale Hall answer that.

and yes i would blame some of the handlers. i suppose the Buckeye club caused the exhaust smell in the stocker race also? maybe an aerosol? that club has plenty of money, they don't need to resort to crap to make more. we need more self regulation among handlers, a little peer pressure. and less whining about club conspiracies. i am not from that club, but i know those people. they don't want to put your kid on a backboard to make a buck.
ssssmoke
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2009, 08:54:21 PM »

i just think it was preached at the handlers meeting about how the swabbing worked. does it work?if so what is the punishment to those who got busted? i dont care who it is but i would like to know what happened?  i think i can answer that.... nothing, im not blaming any bqmra members i have the upmost respect for most of them, there is alot of classy families there i look up to and try to follow there example.
MOC96
Rookie

« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2009, 09:19:50 PM »

I'm with you there sssmoke. it would be nice to hear of a punishment. just to nail 'em to the wall as an example. there will always be cheating in racing. always has been. but i saw some really innovative legal stuff there this weekend also. some guys either have a lot of guts or way too much time on their hands.
LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2009, 09:28:03 PM »

moc96 I agree with you this has to stop but like sssmoke also said is don't say something and not do anything about it .The stuff that is sprayed is pure brake fluid from napa they have doing that for years.It's so we can have a racetrack to race on.I'm not 100% in agreement with as much that's put on but on the other hand if you don't keep doing it the biking will get worse.I was the pres. last year and we had the people soaking I'm sure and it's hard to stop but I also beleive lastyear we slowed it down with bringing that tire guy(money well spent)and also DQing that handler from NC lastyear. I got alot of thankyou from people down there.I wish I had an answer for the problem.As far as the stock race I have a couple of suggestion I.m goingto discuss with the tech and pres. about.That along with the tire prep is bs and needs to stop.Iflagged that stock race and had tears in my eyes.Will see what we can do thanks for coming up.
Phil
Veteran

« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2009, 10:08:12 PM »

I'm with you there sssmoke. it would be nice to hear of a punishment. just to nail 'em to the wall as an example. there will always be cheating in racing. always has been. but i saw some really innovative legal stuff there this weekend also. some guys either have a lot of guts or way too much time on their hands.

Your right, I saw some cool stuff myself. 
ssssmoke
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2009, 10:34:52 PM »

dq the cheaters and let the REAL talent shine and enjoy what we came here to do!! bqmra puts on one hell of a show in the winter!!!!! good job just stand with a fist.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: