March 28, 2024, 08:28:49 AM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: USAC Announcer  (Read 6197 times)
sidebite
Rookie

« on: June 06, 2011, 12:57:43 PM »

Having attended three of the four USAC Eastern Storm events I would like to thank all the USAC Officials,Owners and Drivers for making the trip East I enjoyed all three nights of racing.
The only negative to the whole week was the USAC Announcer. He insisted on talking so fast that no one around me could understand what he was saying and the screaming of the drivers names was just not necessary at all.
An announcers job is to keep the fans informed of what is happening and supply information about the drivers,their teams, and their sponsors. None of these things require screaming over the PA system.
If he is trying to sound like the jerk that works for the Outlaws he should go over there and work with him. USAC and their fans deserve better!

short track Scott
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 09:38:53 AM »

It's tricky for a touring series announcer when a series goes on the road like this. A major effort is placed on giving as much information as possible to the fan. At the same the there is some compulsory information (names, numbers, sponsors) that have to make it in. 

Sometimes an announcer gives a continuous account of the action, much like an auctioneer. You hear the key points and the rest is like a rhythmn connecting the points.

Other times an announcer gives the points without a lot of detail, or extra information. This requires every call to consist of quality over quantity. Not much less entertaining than an announcer who only breaks the silence to reveal irrelevant information! Minimizing announcers use delays, inflections and actual silence to let the words sink in.

Im really sorry you felt this way about the race call. I hope is does not affect your opinion of USAC racing or the participants from top to bottom. The fact is the announcer's style didn't do much for you. Im sure your willingness to share your thoughts has been noticed.  Im sure it will help make your next USAC experience even better!
matt90
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 11:28:37 AM »

Cool post thanks, needed some more images maybe.

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: