USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:39:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Kids Banquets  (Read 30424 times)
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« on: December 16, 2008, 04:02:46 PM »

Why is it that most of the clubs have had their banquets and R4 has not even set a date, for a organization to say they are for the kids they sure do spend alot of time not finishing one year to start another. My son races for trophys and coats at the end of the year and he has already recieved some and knows that shortly that he will complete his year. I think that all banquets need to be complete by the end of December. From what i have seen and heard from USAC this seems like agood start for a organization to see the best intrest of the kids because i thought thats what we are here for.  Grin
LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 05:38:11 PM »

The problem I think r4 has is that 1) alot of the people race indoor 2)they have a treas. that is not involved in order to set a budget,place etc.3)The r4 board resigning might have something to with it.But don't take that the wrong way because some of the people that resigned are the ones that are doing the banquet.the ones that are left aren't doing anything from what I understand.So it is for the kids if it wasn't those people wouldn't be doing the work.I also like them waiting a little bit due to the holidays because the banquets are usually at kalhia water park and it cost good money to go there. Undecided
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 06:00:12 PM »

What about the kids that don't race indoors why should they have to wait until the ones that choose to continue to race finish. There is plenty of time between mid October an Christmas to take care of this,again think of all the kids. Huh
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 10:01:48 PM »

The cost before the Holidays and timing is what I couldnt do.  After the 1st of Jan works best for me because of the cost.  If it were just a local get together somewhere it wouldnt matter but its alot more than that.

Kim
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 10:59:19 AM »

2fast4u - The banquet has been tentatively scheduled.  We are waiting for someone to confirm with Kalahari before publishing the details.  Have you offered your assistance in planning the banquet? 

Kim
Swartz
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 05:14:57 PM »

I think a lot of people who don't do it forget about basketball, football and baseball training camps. Our kid has had practice every day except Sun. for the last two months and games twice a week. I don't know about anybody else but we don't have free weekends untill March. Last year was the first time we had a chance to go to the banquet and got stuck at home in the snow instead.
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 05:49:17 PM »

Kim thank you for letting me know about the banquet and yes i would be intrested in helping but just let someone know and i'm sure several people would also help if needed. I really do understand it take time to put things together,I,m a dad with 5 kids. Just trying to offer other alternative to completing our year before starting another. Lets all stay positive! 
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 11:53:27 PM »

Did anyone else go to the R4 banquet tonight, if you did can you please explain how the speaker could have been anymore disorganized with his presentation? I guess when you are more worried about what club you will govern next, thats more important than having a organized presentation for our drivers and familys. We could have saved one hour easy!! If this is whats to come It's a good thing that they will have less than half the car counts or more because they will still need two full days to complete at tonights speed. Great leadership Mr speaker. Sad Sad
grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 05:50:30 PM »

Yeah to our Region 4 drivers each and every one of them gave their all wherever they raced.  Sometimes coming out winners and sometimes not!  Each and everyone of them need a super big thank you from we adults.  They kept us guessing, yelling, hoping and hanging on for dear life.

Just pick up any paper and look at the young people who are having problems in this world and thank our lucky stars we have young people who put their all into something positive.  Look around the track at the trailers and watch them discussing what to do, how the car handled, cleaning tires, chasing after younger siblings, making sure their equipment is in the car ready to go, running after a piece of equipment the handler needs then get into the car and often wait in the very hot sun with hot suits and then finally hit the track.  Not once but often in several classes.

Many of those young persons were recognized this weekend.  Many gave a big thank you.
No matter what the complaints are or were our young people were the greatest.

All I know is that I really admire them all.  You put me in one of those cars and you would need to replace every guard rail around the track.

So keep it up young gentlemen and young ladies.  You are our stars and you brighten our days.
ssssmoke
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 09:30:45 PM »

does that mean your not doing any testing in the new 600 for your driver gma? lol  you are right though its what i feel is the best atmosphere for my son.
grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2009, 10:27:44 PM »

test Drive No way!  Will take me at least 3 or 4 races under her belt until I get the courage to see her drive that thing!  Have you seen it?  And she has to shift!  Lordy Lordy!  I have faith in her and her handler but not my heart!
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2009, 10:35:27 PM »

Very unprepared and disorganized, a simple excel spreadsheet would have saved a lot of time and prevented a lot of mistakes.

Sad part is that 3 driver profiles for some reason didn’t make the program and mention of their Dirt Grand’s appearances were not mentioned.  Finally after hearing all the other drivers Grand’s attendance being mentioned, we brought the 4th class to their attention at which time they later corrected that class and were able to then research for our 4th drivers dirt grand’s attendance to include in the speech for the 5th class.

Maybe in some people’s eyes our team wasn’t that impressive, but our 4 drivers did an amazing job this year and deserve the same recognition as everyone else.  Transferring 5 times to the A-main on Dirt was very impressive to dad.

Awards and Sweaters were very nice and the Facility was great!  We had a great time with many race friends and those moments were priceless!

Congrats to all of the drivers and best wishes to the retiring drivers, you will all be missed.  I think listening to the drivers speeches was about the best part, they were great!

Thanks again Grandma13…   ;-)

grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 10:39:58 PM »

Your very welcome, Scott.  Which reminds me seems my buddie, Cody, has a dent in his Quarter Midget Car.  Think he wants and needs that fixed so "car will go fast"!  Well at least that is what I got out of the conversation!

So get to it Dad
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2009, 10:48:40 PM »

LOL!!!

Kody is something else.  His 1st regional he pulled off under green flag.  I said whats wrong buddy?  He said "SOMEONE KEEPS RUNNING INTO MY CAR!"  I said well buddy, sometimes that happens.  He said well, they better not scratch up my nice paint or decals, push me back out.  I said sorry buddy, you cant go back out because you came off under green flag.  Next time, wait until a caution comes out to talk to me...  LOL

LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 07:44:32 AM »

how were the nacho's:}
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: