USAC Racing Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:12:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: brickyard lt 160 winner ?  (Read 19243 times)
jdracing
Veteran

« on: January 06, 2011, 10:58:33 PM »

What if the winner of the race is too young to run a focus car??
USAC Developmental
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 10:52:17 AM »

If the winner is too young to driver either a Ford Focus (min 14 years) or a Focus Young Gun (min 12 years) it will go to the next eligible driver.

What a great opportunity for one of our lucky drivers, special thanks to Steve Lewis and Glen Martin of Nine Racing for providing this great opportunity.

Check out the Nine Racing website: http://www.nineracing.com/ 
Walker23
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 01:26:32 PM »

Awesome opportunity.

My wife says it should go to the mom. Lol

Seriously though, just an awesome award! Great job putting it together.

Kris Walker
jdracing
Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 03:38:30 PM »

That would be a big down to the kid if they were too young.Would they get any additional prize since they had to give up what they won.It is a cool deal just not fair I think
2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 06:24:21 PM »

I have to agree, it's not fair to all. Maybe a little more thought on things like this.!
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 09:33:15 PM »

Thanks for the clarification James!  Sounds like the way it should work and nice job on getting this great opportunity lined up! 

It is six months prior to the race and the qualifications for this award sound pretty clear so any younger driver shouldn't think they can win this award.  Not sure how that isn't fair or would be a downer for a kid.  If they didn't find out until after the race, then I would agree.  But at this point no Lt160 driver under 11 should even think they could win this.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
jdracing
Veteran

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 10:04:32 PM »

My son was 8 at the first brick yard nationals and was super fast running second and all over first place till a late race restart when he was spun by the car behind him.Any one can win in this sport I have seen lots of things happen.You are crazy to say that!!My son is still only 10 and will have a shot to win it again.
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 10:15:35 PM »

My son was 8 at the first brick yard nationals and was super fast running second and all over first place till a late race restart when he was spun by the car behind him.Any one can win in this sport I have seen lots of things happen.You are crazy to say that!!My son is still only 10 and will have a shot to win it again.

He means that the drivers know what age they need to be for this well before the race. So no driver should go in expecting to get this bonus and then be surprised when they're too young to qualify.

But I suppose you're right. We should do away with all these awesome extras because it may be unfair for someone. As if this is the only unfair aspect of the sport.

Come one everyone, complain about USAC going above and beyond to offer a neat incentive so they'll never attempt to do it again.

If your kid is good enough to compete at this age there is no reason to think he won't have his fair shot at it when he is of a qualifying age.
jdracing
Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 10:30:38 PM »

I said it is a cool deal it is just not fair to all.I think USAC needs to think about that.What if a younger kid wins oh we we just give it to second place then well he did not win the race why should the younger kid that won lose out?
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 11:39:54 PM »

Maybe you should consider going to the Grands instead...what will your kid get if he wins there?

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 01:30:53 AM »

I said it is a cool deal it is just not fair to all.I think USAC needs to think about that.What if a younger kid wins oh we we just give it to second place then well he did not win the race why should the younger kid that won lose out?

I mean, I understand that and all, but it's just part of it. It's not fair some teams have fresh rubber for every race or brand new engines and cars either, but everyone works around it. There's not much about any form of racing that is completely fair.

In the end this is an extra for kids that do meet the age requirements. The winner still won the race and gets the trophy and medal like the kids in all the other classes.
A and J Racing
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 03:52:52 PM »

I think this is a wonderful opprotunity for a child of the required age. This kind of an award takes a lot of hard work and mutual respect from the parties involved. I do agree that maybe some sort of a special award could be given to the winner if he/she is under the required age. Maybe some of us can work to help USAC find this type of award.
Thank you USAC, James, and Steve making this happen. I hope my oldest boy can win this since he is of proper age. If my youngest wins then maybe he can give it to his brother.. Smiley 
ezoner
Veteran

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 10:17:02 AM »

Why does the winner if under age need to give up the award.  They could allow for the award to be redeemed with 1 year of becoming of the proper age.  That way the child still keep sthe award and can redeem at a later date.  That seems more reasonable to me. 
actireman
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 02:41:07 PM »

You guys need to stop. Just be thankful and move on.

Mike Clancy 
GB3
Rookie

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2011, 03:00:46 PM »

Well put mother Clancy  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: