USAC Racing Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:31:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Why does this continue?  (Read 31623 times)
wolverineracer
Rookie

« on: December 06, 2010, 12:58:19 PM »

Over this last weekend I have heard some of the great new news out of the USAC camp. With USAC appearing to be the leader in the advancement of quarter midget racing I don't understand why up north we are being told by QMA members things that they apparantly have no idea about. Hopefully those on here can set the record straight.

We've been told that Macochee,Xenia and Toledo are going back to QMA. According to the schedule I seen, Macochee is hosting a national event this year, Xenia is hosting USAC midget races at their big track and I dont see Toledo changing. So why are we told this?

We've been told that USAC has no money and they are not a non-profit organization. I have found that USAC IS a non profit org. just ran differently than QMA. And from the looks of things that USAC has been doing it cant be done with no money. Why is this all an issue?

We've also been told that when a club joins USAC you lose all voice. I see that the spec tire, thailand engine problem, racievers etc, all things that most all QMA members want were actually brought to USAC by members, Why are we all told different?

I'm sure I have answered some of my own questions, but why does this continue?

Mrs.Wolverine

wesracing
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 01:57:07 PM »

I am sure all of the talk about those tracks going back to USAC is pretty much all a rumor. The presidents of these clubs did attend the USAC competition meeting and nothing was said about them even being in fear of the members going back to QMA. Although I am not a member of any of those 3 tracks and can't speak for them! I have seen first hand at the USAC meetings the past 2 years that almost every rule change was brought up and decided by the presidents of the clubs that are USAC sanctioned and USAC went along with what the majority of the clubs wanted. As far as USAC's financial situation, they are sanctioning bodies for more than just .25 midgets. I am sure they are plenty fine in the money area. I wouldn't think that their financial situation would be much concern to the average .25 midget team. I don't think they are going anywhere. I guess the question is who is bringing this up to you? I really don't feel there is an issue. I would stop listening to QMA members. Just my opinion!
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 04:04:15 PM »

QMA can make up all the rumors they want about USAC's financials, but being a Non-Profit all of their financials are public for anyone to see. I've looked at their info from last year and I can assure you're they're far from broke. Truth be told, since it is a non-profit I feel comfortable in posting this, they have several million dollars in cash and investments. So I think they're doing just fine. Not only that, but the Benevolent Association is well prepared to help the needs of injured participants.

The same cannot be said about the other organization, who between 2008 and 2009, has lost a significant amount of money with less assets and more liabilities reported at the end of 2009.

The truth is USAC is a much bigger organization with a larger amount of resources and assets. If they wanted to bury QMA they could do it. They have the money to outspend QMA 30x over without even worrying about it. But they don't, they focus their time and resources on making the racing better for all of their participants and that is why clubs are jumping sides without looking back without the need for rumors about QMA and it's members. So I wouldn't worry about anything that comes from that side.
Walker23
Feature Winner

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 06:07:48 PM »

In the north there will be a lot less people spreading them come next season.

Kris

Kris Walker
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 11:28:30 PM »

This might answer some of the questions:

http://www.quartermidgets.org/ConCallMinutes/2010-11-01-ConCall.pdf
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 03:15:27 AM »

Interesting read. I looked at 2009 year end stuff and thought it was bad, what's mentioned in this is far worse. At that rate they cannot sustain much longer without some sort of solution, especially with bleak membership outlooks and surely outstanding liabilities that chunk away at their total.

I really hope all of the QMA clubs are paying close attention to stuff like this because a couple of bad moves on their part, like driving away members by mandating a replacement head, could be bad for them.
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 03:24:28 AM »

I know this might be off subject, but I find comfort in knowing USAC is making savvy business moves such as partnering with IUPUI to provide IUPUI students with the chance to help USAC in many facets of it's operations, which at the same time provides USAC with extra support without adding to costs.

Stuff like this is helping solidify the future of this sport.
clouse55
Feature Winner

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 10:02:41 AM »

Here is something that might help

2254.   Every director, officer or agent of any corporation, domestic or foreign, is guilty of a felony (a) who knowingly concurs in making, publishing or posting either generally or privately to the shareholders or other persons (members)
     1. any written report, exhibit, statement of its affairs or pecuniary condition or notice containing any material statement that is false

This is just the first part of section 2254 of the California Corporate Non-Profit Code

clouse55
Feature Winner

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 10:11:15 AM »

Your right Burns, the IUPUI deal along with the "Road to Indy" program plus some of the other items Kevin Miller discussed at the banquet more than puts USAC as a staple in quarter midget racing. 
pokesalad
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 11:07:33 AM »

People, rumors are like mother in laws , almost everyone has one and gets irratated by them. I have heard rumors from both sides and most of the time they are just what they are . Rumors. I could sit here and find something wrong about QMA. Also i could sit here and find something fishy about USAC if you dig hard enough. Handlers should worry about having fun with there kids .  Angry
qmracer12
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 01:54:58 PM »

Poke is right gotta have fun!  And  I can say that Miami Valley is still and will be a USAC club in 2011.  I would move on to something else after & years before I would go back to the other. Yea you have people at USAC that get paid but you know who they are, because its their job.  Not like the other side someone is getting paid  you just don't know who??
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 02:08:54 PM »

Northwest Ohio Quarter Midget Racing Association - Toledo Ohio without any doubt will be a USAC .25 club for a long time. The club runs so much easier with the USAC .25 organization and support.
We have been flooded with questions from families about joining the NWOQMRA club for 2011. Some wont give their names for fear that the word will get out and they are fearful of the verbal abuse they will get from their club officials. These additional members are going to be great for the club in 2011 and everyone is welcome at NWOQMRA.

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
Toeknee
Veteran

That's My Boy!

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 02:10:01 PM »

My biggest challenge with both QMA & USAC is why couldn't they have worked together in the past when USAC was QMA's sanctioning body? It is my understanding when I got into this sport in 2002 that USAC was the sanctioning body for QMA. QMA supposedly paid USAC to be that sanctioning body but we never had any of the advantages that are currently being offered by USAC such as promotion, advertising, connections to bigger racing, etc.

I heard that it was QMA over managing(not allowing USAC to do things) and also heard that USAC was cashing the checks and not trying to do anything for QMA. HE said, she said just like always. This then caused the split and brings us to today with 2 weaker organizations instead of big strong youth racing organization. It should be "all about the kids".

I wish the best to both organizations and hope youth quartermidget racing does not turn out like Indy Racing and Kart. They spent several wasted years of low car counts fighting each other and finally now that they are back together the sport actually matters again.

I hope many USAC members will attend the Oaklane Eastern Grands and I look forward to racing USAC in the future cause its all about the kids!

Tony Lofton
Driver: Bubba #5
Lofton Family Racin'
SAKMotorsports
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 03:12:07 PM »

QM racing quit being about the kids back in the 80's when it was about who had the deepest pockets and still continues today!
Karnes29
Veteran

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 03:20:42 PM »

With this being our first year racing we never got a chance to join qma but we have had a few without mentioning any names ask us to join them, After reading all of this i think we will just stick with usac and hope we can make a few more national events.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: