USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:21:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: spec novice car  (Read 8731 times)
gadams
Veteran

« on: November 13, 2008, 07:57:49 PM »

i just want some input on how people feel about a spec novice car, all current manufactures would charge the same price for there novice chassis say just for fun $2500 for the rolling chassis, every part would be able to upgraded at a later date. The biggest thing i see as far as new racers go is the start up cost, not every family has $6000 to $7000 to start off with new equipment not to say there is anything wrong with buying a used car, i know that is what the majority of us has done. This post is just to see how other familys feel on the subject, not to stir any major issue. thanks
smoke
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 09:51:10 PM »

in not saying it dont sound good but alot of used cars are sold to novice with upgrades already on them for reasonable prices so you dont have to upgrade later
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 02:06:42 AM »

Or we can all just go to Magic Mountain and race, same cars, engines, tires etc and no repair or maintenance costs.  ;-)

gadams
Veteran

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 11:38:31 AM »

I am not saying every chassis should be the same, chassis manufactures can still use there own design but the shocks, tires, and components what ever they may be should be spec just for novice racing, while i know this is not at all practicle i have herd a few people say that start up cost is the biggest reason they dont get there kids into racing. i think this would help get more familys involved in quarter midget racing.
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 08:12:01 PM »

Startup cost is not that much if you buy used, even get alot of spares thrown in.  Of course someone that wants to dive head first and buy all new or top of the line equipment will pay the price.

There are alot of starter cars race ready starting at 1500-2000, thats what we paid for our two first cars.

gadams
Veteran

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 10:56:00 PM »

i also bought a good used car 2500 for a really nice nervo
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: