USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:46:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Another Shady vote at Mini Indy  (Read 33473 times)
rjmoul
Rookie

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 05:32:17 PM »

First thing, it was not just the proxy votes. There were deals that were made between people to vote a certain way. If you didn't see that then you must be blind. Second thing, are all the people who voted QMA not going to be joining Kokomo's USAC club? I would hope thats the case seeing the way they made voting dual charter such a big deal. But I have a hard time believeing that all of those people will not show up at a Kokomo, Gasloine Alley, or any other special event that USAC decides to throw(ex. the night before the 500 midgets at ORP). There were also many people that were at the meeting that may only race one club race a year if that, who did a lot of the talking, which makes no sense. There was even an ex promoter from Putnamville who was there wanting to badmouth USAC.

Deals?  No.  It was more like folks lobbying their position to others in hopes of making sure everyone has a better understanding.  The way a great democracy works.

Would it be bad for folks that didn't feel USAC or dual chartering was right for Mini Indy to go join Kokomo also?  No.  Not at all.  What is not good for one club may be good for another.  I see this as a opportunity for Kokomo to gain needed membership.  On the contrary if Mini Indy would have gone dual charter,  then that would have opened the door for Kokomo to loose members becuase hey with Mini Indy you could have had the best of both.   

As for Mini Indy not dual chartering,   I feel that the club membership made the right choice.   I was in support of  Mini Indy going to USAC and still am,  but I am not in support of dual charter.     Why.  Because it is not in the best interest of our club.  I have a list of reason,  but the  biggest reasons I was not in support of dual charter was because it would have limited the number of races our club could hold at its track.   Every year we have to schedule our club races around  state series, regional and national races (including Gasoline Alley).    With  4 state series, 9 regional’s,  four national races,  and the State Fair (where the track is closed),  that always left us with 10 races to try to schedule.   With dual chartering,  that will probably leave us with even less dates to pick from.    Now with less regional’s,  we can schedule more club races.  Who benefits?   The club.

As for the ex promoter at the meeting.  Well he is a member in good standing with the club and as such has the right to voice his opinion and vote.   It was good to see folks that have been a big part of the history of Mini Indy be there and be heard.

Like the drivers who race neck and neck with each other to the finish,  a lot of folks walked out of the meeting with no hard feelings and in some cases with more respect for each other.  Rumor has it board of director members (present and future) were seen mixing it up afterwards with membership.   Mini Indy should stand tall and proud.   Great job. 

This anonymous poster is moving on.   Not becuase it is in trouble, but becuase it was just time to do so.  Thanks for the memories.

Signed,

A Mini Indy Member that enjoyed the ride.
Swartz
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 05:49:01 PM »

Uhhh.......Bob? Anonymous?  Cheesy  Have fun on the flip side buddy. Hope to see you guys sometime.
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 06:37:20 PM »

First thing, it was not just the proxy votes. There were deals that were made between people to vote a certain way. If you didn't see that then you must be blind. Second thing, are all the people who voted QMA not going to be joining Kokomo's USAC club? I would hope thats the case seeing the way they made voting dual charter such a big deal. But I have a hard time believeing that all of those people will not show up at a Kokomo, Gasloine Alley, or any other special event that USAC decides to throw(ex. the night before the 500 midgets at ORP). There were also many people that were at the meeting that may only race one club race a year if that, who did a lot of the talking, which makes no sense. There was even an ex promoter from Putnamville who was there wanting to badmouth USAC.

Deals?  No.  It was more like folks lobbying their position to others in hopes of making sure everyone has a better understanding.  The way a great democracy works.

Would it be bad for folks that didn't feel USAC or dual chartering was right for Mini Indy to go join Kokomo also?  No.  Not at all.  What is not good for one club may be good for another.  I see this as a opportunity for Kokomo to gain needed membership.  On the contrary if Mini Indy would have gone dual charter,  then that would have opened the door for Kokomo to loose members becuase hey with Mini Indy you could have had the best of both.   

As for Mini Indy not dual chartering,   I feel that the club membership made the right choice.   I was in support of  Mini Indy going to USAC and still am,  but I am not in support of dual charter.     Why.  Because it is not in the best interest of our club.  I have a list of reason,  but the  biggest reasons I was not in support of dual charter was because it would have limited the number of races our club could hold at its track.   Every year we have to schedule our club races around  state series, regional and national races (including Gasoline Alley).    With  4 state series, 9 regional’s,  four national races,  and the State Fair (where the track is closed),  that always left us with 10 races to try to schedule.   With dual chartering,  that will probably leave us with even less dates to pick from.    Now with less regional’s,  we can schedule more club races.  Who benefits?   The club.

As for the ex promoter at the meeting.  Well he is a member in good standing with the club and as such has the right to voice his opinion and vote.   It was good to see folks that have been a big part of the history of Mini Indy be there and be heard.

Like the drivers who race neck and neck with each other to the finish,  a lot of folks walked out of the meeting with no hard feelings and in some cases with more respect for each other.  Rumor has it board of director members (present and future) were seen mixing it up afterwards with membership.   Mini Indy should stand tall and proud.   Great job. 

This anonymous poster is moving on.   Not becuase it is in trouble, but becuase it was just time to do so.  Thanks for the memories.

Signed,

A Mini Indy Member that enjoyed the ride.

Yea he does have a right to voice his opinion, but the fact that if he's the promoter I'm thinking of, he may need to tell the entire story, not just how he doesn't like USAC. Maybe it's because he had a hard time paying them the money he owed them, and because of that, they stopped going there. But it's whatever, Mini Indy will thrive either way. But just to set the record straight, Kokomo didn't make it's decision based on what it will do next year, especially not on members we thought we might gain. We made our decision for the future, in the past two months USAC has done more to market and promote the sport than QMA ever did.

But I mean, they do brag about QMA being the "best kept secret." Why brag about that? Why keep it a secret? The bigger the sport gets, the better it is for everyone.
rjmoul
Rookie

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008, 06:45:08 PM »

Uhhh.......Bob? Anonymous?  Cheesy  Have fun on the flip side buddy. Hope to see you guys sometime.

Dang.  Exposed.    Grin

Thanks.    I will keep in touch.    You may see me at the Indoors yet this winter.   I still got stuff to sell.
brad_tribble
Veteran

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2008, 06:50:22 PM »

I guess that I just don't understand how a dual sanction would limit your racing opportunities.  

Let me explain...

Track XXX decides to go USAC and QMA.  They run their normal points series (since neither QMA nor USAC care about local points) then when the "big races" come along those that joined under QMA can go run the regionals and the USAC families can run fun races.  Those that want to run the USAC nationals can do it and the QMA families can run the Grands...

Nobody has to lose opportunities only gain them.  By having a dual sanction it opens up more doors for racing to more families.  

Brad
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 07:45:24 PM »

But it essentially doubles the number of races you have to schedule points races around. Fun races are good and all, but it would be a little harder to cram 12 points races into a season with the extra limitations. Plus it's not fiscally responsible.
Swartz
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 08:25:52 PM »

What do you mean by not fiscally responsible? (Thats a real question) One of the first things that had to be delt with in discussing doing a dual charter was insurance. The insurance company is willing to do a blanket policy that wold cover all races regardless of sanction for a lot less than having dual insurance. QMA is demanding seperate coverage.
badassfast
Rookie

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2008, 09:39:20 PM »

many good facts swartz  people need to listen
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2008, 09:41:16 PM »

That's what I mean. Essentially going dual charter would be close to double the money. Now I know USAC was willing to extend a hand to QMA to figure out some sort of blanket policy, but QMA wants nothing of it. That's why until QMA gets a new board, a dual charter is just too expensive for most tracks. This is one of the reasons I endorse Brad Tribble for President.
clouse55
Feature Winner

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2008, 10:10:26 PM »

I'm curious what the national board representitives told mini indy they had to do for insurance if they would of went dual charter.
Swartz
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2008, 10:33:18 AM »

That's what I mean. Essentially going dual charter would be close to double the money. Now I know USAC was willing to extend a hand to QMA to figure out some sort of blanket policy, but QMA wants nothing of it. That's why until QMA gets a new board, a dual charter is just too expensive for most tracks. This is one of the reasons I endorse Brad Tribble for President.

It is about $1000 extra per year for the blanket coverage. So lets talk fiscally responsible. The blanket coverage would not only cover all the races and racers it would alow for unlimited events. The QMA insurance limits you to 1 off site event and 1 arive and drive event. Really opens up some possibilities. I think a club like Columbus could really bennifit in not having to get separate coverage for the indoors. Also, a spec tire would save me way more than $1000 a year alone. I would chip in.
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2008, 05:38:36 PM »

I know, but is QMA going to allow the blanket coverage? From what I understand they're not. That's why clubs like Kokomo are sticking with USAC. I completely agree that dual charter with blanket coverage is fiscally responsible and a good idea. But I don't think QMA will ever allow it, not with the current board anyway. USAC has a better relationship with K&K and has opened up better opportunities for clubs. I know now at Kokomo we are free to have as many pay to drive days as we want. We also get two off site events a season. With QMA we didn't get any. We had to pay for our one downtown race we had.

I would also like to note, that the promoter I was talking about isn't the one you were talking about. I don't know much about the one you were talking about but from the e-mail he sent me, he seems like a stand up guy. Just don't want someone's name being tarnished for no reason.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 06:19:46 PM by RBurns17 » Logged
gfountain
Rookie

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2008, 06:47:14 PM »

Mr Birdcage

I would like to respond to your original post "Another Shady vote at Mini Indy" but inorder to address you properly please post your full name and the Club you are currenly a member of.

Thanks

Glenn Fountain
Lansing CQMA
htjtct
Rookie

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2008, 07:30:48 PM »

Just some information.

Sec. 6 INSURANCE

1 K & K Insurance will be the only insurance carrier approved by

QMA.

2 All insurance renewals will cover one calendar year (Jan 1–Dec. 31).

Page

Insurance is due 10/31 and late after 12/31. These forms must

be kept on file at the club level. Clubs should automatically send

payments before January 1st of each year. Memberships will not

be processed after 12/31 without insurance verification from K&K.

(Club checks only). All clubs are to have their members sign K&K

forms (parent/waiver) at time of renewal. K&K forms will be mailed

out from the National office with their applications by August

31st.

3 Insurance carrier will issue verification of all paid insurance to QMA

National Office.

4 QMA National Office will not issue a charter to Clubs without proof

of payment.

5 Insurance Carrier will notify QMA of any Club’s insurance that is

cancelled.

6 Before the insurance company will pay any claim, a claim form

must be obtained from a Club Official and filled out. When it is

complete, it is to be returned to the Club Official who will then sign

it and forward it to the QMA Safety Director. The Safety Director

will then verify cause and date of accident with Club Official and

forward original claim form to the insurance agent for disposition. All

claims must be sent to the National Safety Director via the above

procedure within 30 days.

7 You must, be a member of a home Club and QMA to get Drivers’/

Handlers’ accident insurance. Accident insurance covers all drivers

and handlers who are regular or an alternate handler of QMA.

7 (1) Flagger and Pit Stewart must be 16 years of age.

8 Anyone issued a QMA card will have insurance until the QMA

card expires or the QMA card is revoked by the QMA Board of

Directors.

9 ANY MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING IS ALLOWED TO RACE

AT ANY CLUB OR EVENT IN QMA.

10 All QMA members must show picture ID’s or proof of (gold copy)

membership application, must sign the QMA Release & Waiver

Form at each QMA Event. (Drivers and handlers).

11 One offsite and one adult race per calendar year. Form must be

filled out and submitted to National Safety Director and K&K for

approval prior to the event.

Heather Thomas
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: