USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:21:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Valken Left Front Wheels  (Read 6300 times)
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« on: September 02, 2010, 02:03:03 PM »

Anyone successfully mount left front tires on the 5" wide with 3" backspace left front wheel?  With the older DWT wheels I would put the tire on over the outside edge because of the cone on the inside, but the Valken has a much thicker edge and I haven't been able to do that.  Before I contact Valken and send these wheels back I figured I would throw it out here.  I haven't seen any of these wheels at our track so I couldn't really get any input there.  I have ruined three tires so far trying to get them to mount up.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
crew chief
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 07:10:18 PM »

That wheel will work but it will fight you all the way(it took me about 15 min. to mount)
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 07:20:48 PM »

Did you go over the outside of the wheel or the inside of it?

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
lawsonracing
Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 03:57:23 PM »

I bought 2 Valken wheels at beginning of season for left side. The LF will not fit on our stanley axle/hub because the inner cone is narrow on it. I called Valkin and they had no answer. Threw them in the trash and stuck with douglas wheels.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 08:47:32 AM by lawsonracing » Logged

Lawson Ingold Racing
Sponsors: Mercedes Benz of Buckhead Performance Center, Sport Map ECU, Imhoff Eye Care; Altus Health Care; G-Force Racing
valken88
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 12:24:13 PM »

Our newer product no longer has lip. If you have any problems with our product please contact me directly and we will work to answer any questions or concerns you may have. We will also be running a special on pricing till November to make way for new inventory. Please contact me at rob@valken.com or 856-812-2813... thanks for all the customer support we have a had a very busy first year in this line thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: