USAC Racing Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:37:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks for coming to Tampa  (Read 5061 times)
CrewChief6
Feature Winner

« on: August 07, 2010, 08:25:57 PM »

Hi USAC and drivers,

thanks for coming to Tampa for the race this weekend, even though it's pretty far to come down here. It was great to race with folks we don't see regularly. What a fun, eventful weekend it was. Hope you liked driving here. Come back again soon!!  Cheesy

Lyra Solochek
isaaksolochekracing.com
Sponsors: DWT, LAT Racing Oil, AMSOIL, ZeroNine, racinggraphics.com, Family Eyecare of Westchase, Circle of Life Animal Hospital
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 10:39:41 PM »

Yes, thank you for a great event.  USAC did a great job getting the event in around our ridiculous summer weather patterns here in FL and the "out of towners" brought some awesome competition for our drivers.  Hope to race against you all again soon!

To Crandall...thank you for helping with AJ's Honda car when we were trying to get him back on the track!!!  I try to always seek out those that help out after the races are done, but I didn't know until dinner tonight what you had done.  AJ said you kept holding his head up and kept telling him not to worry that we would get him back out there to keep him from getting upset.  You are a class act and every event we have been to you are always running to help anyone out that needs it.  Thank you so very much and hope you have/had a safe trip back home!!!

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
GAQMRacers
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 11:42:50 PM »

Wish we could have made it but we've already started back to school :-(
BuckeyeQMDad
Feature Winner

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 08:23:08 AM »

Scott-

Sorry for the delayed reply, but there's no thanks neccesary. Like most QM racers I will help anyone and everyone I can. I can't tell you how many times we've been tore up in the pits and next thing I know I can't even get to my car b/c we've got so much help. In fact that was the case for us last night- we're sitting virtually dead stopped on the track after the chain came off and got plowed full speed from the rear. Once we determine Seth was ok and wanted to continue there were at least 6 or more of our fellow racers working on the car trying to replace the rear bumper (that ended up on 3 pieces from the hit), and get the chain repaired. Did we make it back out? No but that doesn't change the fact that so many people were busting there butts trying to help us got back out there. There have been other times where the same sort of thing happend and my wife snapped a picture of the craziness in the pits, then after the fact I'm looking at the picture saying I have no idea who that is, but sure enough some guy is in there trowing wrenches, getting dirty, burning his hands on the exhaust, etc. helping to get us back on the track.
Honestly, I think that is probably the thing I love most about our sport- helping one another out when times are tough. Boy if more people could do that in the real world and everyday life it sure could change a bunch things eh!!!

Take care and good luck to all in the remaining events this fall! Be sure to come race with the Buckeye club this winter at our Indoor Winternationals at the Ohio State Expo Center.

Tony, Colleen, Seth and Cole Crandall

Tony Crandall
BQMRA Indoor Rookie Director
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: