April 19, 2024, 04:03:42 AM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: Midwest Focus Points race  (Read 4385 times)
Mark Wilsdon
Rookie

« on: April 08, 2010, 10:17:37 PM »

Angry I know some may think that adding a points race to the focus series with alittle more than seven days notice think it was a good idea. I am here to tell you that our team does not. We will not be able to make it now and will be behind in the points. If we had 14 days notice we might have been able to make it. A professional racing organization should make thier race schedule with plenty of time before the first race so teams can plan thier schedule and stick to it!! So now if we want to try to win the points series, we have to hope that we can beat teams off the track. Not how we race.

Team Wilsdon Racing
NOT HAPPY CAN YOU TELL
USAC Developmental
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 11:08:19 PM »

To eliminate any confusion on the subject the race was finalized on March 31.  There were some scheduling issues that delayed the race announcement hence why we have not made it part of the Carolina Asphalt Points Championship or the Midwest Pavement Points Championship.

The race will only count towards the drivers best 12 finishes for the District Championships (Eastern and Midwest).

For those who attended the Wednesday night race at Hickory it was a great showdown between the Eastern and Midwest drivers.  We expect the same side by side racing this weekend at Lanier.

In addition the race on April 10 coincides with an exciting weekend of USAC Racing in the Peach State.  In addition to the Ford Focus race we will have a large contingent of Mopar .25 Midget drivers racing on property adjacent to the 3/8 mile facility at the Metro Atlanta .25 Midget track.

Lanier Speedway is one of the souths premier pavement facilities and a great opportunity to showcase our product.  If anyone has any other questions on why the race is being held free to call me at the office, I will be more than happy to discuss this event further.
Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: