USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:00:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: EXPLAIN..WHAT IS SO SPECIAL WHY SWITCH>>>>  (Read 29697 times)
audio
« on: October 12, 2008, 10:50:35 PM »

I would like to find out more information on this USAC .25 deal. What is so special about it? What are the rules? what is so diffrent between them and QMA?  What is USAC truely doing for the members so diffrently then QMA? What is so diffrent between the two? Who is going to run the show...QMA people or USAC officials? What do USAC officials know about quarter midget racing? have they ever even takin time to come and learn at a QMA race...I dont think So NEVER SEEN ONE THERE!Is USAC just going to reep the benifits and the normal people put on the show.Some explinations would be great.Has any one really thought out this plan of USAC .25 racing, because by the looks of it they have rushed through it not showing any facts and trying to brainwash you saying there such a good series, BUT NO PROOF OF WHY OR HOW THE SERIES IS GOING TO BE RUN! If they want to start next year whats the schedule, what are the tracks, what we get to run at three current tracks...xenia, kokomo, and tampa. why would i spend my money to go run there for three races. They are so far behind, they dont even haver arulebook done...COME ON GET WITH THE PROGRAM! this will turn into just another disaster just like there usac for focus deal was.! I would like some facts before i jump on board.

Also is this program going to fall apart just like the rest of USACs programs...focus, silver crown...

Please let me know
 thanks
bigdale Cheesy
dgriffin
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 09:17:04 AM »

bigdale hasnt anyone ever told you if you dont have anything good to say then dont say anything. Watch the webinar and listen to what is said and remeber this is about how to get your drivers aka kids  adjusted to the types of racing that they will due if they race as adults. I dont know who pissed in your wheaties but if you have and axe to grind dont invole the kids in it.
USACMedia
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 09:27:02 AM »

Dale,

I will be more than happy to tell you about all the benefits USAC will bring to the table concerning our .25 Midget program. 

Feel free to call me at the number below.

James M Spink
United States Auto Club
Director - Developmental Series
p -317-247-5151

audio
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 09:37:45 AM »

DONT EVEN TRY TO BRING THE KIDS INTO THIS AS YOUR DEFENSE! i want to know the facts this is between the adults who makes all the decisions!
I watched the video! WHAT A JOKE! awesome the entire video is all about the usac website and magazine! so i join run the same tracks as QMA and the only big benifit is my info on a website and magazine! BFD!

there has been no real info brought to the table. Also your video showed usac sprints, focus and silver crown and the drivers of those more then actual .25 information...

SO STILL WAITNG FOR MY QUESTIONS ABOVE TO BE ANSWERED!
dvracing
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 09:43:42 AM »

What is this switch mentality? It frustrates me that QMA has planted this seed and let it grow- members have been led to think they have to do one or the other.  Do you only shop at one grocery store and never another?  Do you only buy gas at one gas station and never another?  Do you only have one kind of chassis at your club?  Are you a Nervo only club?  Are you a bullrider only club?  Are you a GT only club?  Sounds silly doesn't it?-

We plan to race both and are THRILLED about the new USAC .25 program.  This is racing for KIDS and another opportunity to have great race experiences and learning experiences.  Isn't that what it is all about?   Smiley
audio
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 09:50:46 AM »

So i runa Hoosier tire at one track because that is spec at that track. Ok i run the trie and that works. But then i go the next weekend to another track and there spec tire is Vega...so I HAVE TO BUY A NEW SET OF VEGAS to run that race. and my hoosiers are wasted and i want to run them again to save money!

So your response isgoing to be well you can run the hoosiers at the next track that is hoosier tire specs. except that race is a month away, and my hoosiers are old and hard now. and everyone at the track is buying a new set.DID I JU ST FIND A LOOP HOLE. I DID!. So now i have to buy a new set of Hoosiers to be compettive Spending my money EVEN MORE ! and the hoosier tire that HAS ONLY ONLE RACE ON IT IS NO GOOD ANYMORE and i throw it away.

You end up spending more MONEY
Swartz
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 10:12:40 AM »

I think you have identified a good reason to not have Hoosiers or Vegas as a spec tire. They both have a shelf life. I have Dunlops and Firestones that are 2 years old with several races on them that would be just as fast now as they were when new.
dgriffin
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 10:34:21 AM »

You know its really not about the type of tire we have a guy who won  the sr.honda  points at i-70 qma that never ran a new set of vegas we gave him are old ones that people left when we sold them new or we took off he turn them around ran them at got 4or 5 more races out of them hoosier are the same but I know what you mean I have have seen people still running dunlop dbs witch have to be 3 or 4 years old in the lower classes and that diffently is saving them money.
audio
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 10:39:27 AM »

dgriffin, your just getting mad because im bring the truth out about USAC and there flaws....and how behind schedule they are...and is ALL ABOUT THE TYPE OF TIRE. AND YOU AND I BOTH KNOW THIS TIRE EXPENSE WILLL GET OUT OF HAND AND THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE THE MONEY WILL BOLT ON NEW TIRES NO MATTER WHAT AND THE SAME OLD SAME OLD WILL PREVAIL.
dgriffin
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 11:01:12 AM »

I spend more on tires than you can only imagine now and I dont know enough yet about usac to make that statement but I due know are current qma system is far from falwless and maybe this will make qma better or maybe usac will be but only time will tale . Cheesy
Vader
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 11:01:25 AM »

Hey everyone, Lets guess who the QMA puppet is.

audio
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 01:08:25 PM »

hahah good one no i just want the details, but no body seems to be able to state facts
bigal
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 01:12:47 PM »

sounds like bigdale needs to get away from the computer and go work on his cars.
Vader
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 06:37:13 PM »

bigdale,

Its just that as I have been monitoring this .25 forum, and it seems that all your posts bash USAC. Here's the thing.... you don't seem to bash QMA. I am sure that USAC has its flaws, just like any organization. But, damn!.... QMA is a freakin Smörgåsbord of ethics violations, bad rules, families being taken advantage of, corruption, safety risks, and the list goes on, and on.

I have no problem with calling a spade a spade, so lets keep it real.

Now having said that..... this is my motto:
the .org site is no place to bash QMA, this site is no place to bash USAC. Doing so hurts the sport, and it's development.

There are around 40 QM chat rooms on Yahoo alone. This is neutral ground that the sports newcomers don't usually just stumble upon

Check em out here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/search?query=quarter+midget

Just a theory, but I think these official websites, the .org site, and this site should be positive.

Toad
dgriffin
Rookie

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 08:27:18 PM »

looks like bigdale drop his membership maybe he called and got all the info he needed.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: