USAC Racing Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:23:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hoosier stickers??  (Read 11006 times)
y2slim
Rookie

« on: February 11, 2010, 12:11:19 PM »

Has anybody got an answer as to why we have to run Hoosier stickers on our cars as mandatory?  Is USAC getting a kickback that is not passed on to the racers?  I am not accusing anybody just wondering.  I personally don't want a Hoosier sticker on our cars unless there is a sponsor benefit from it but it is mandatory in the rulebook.  Any thoughts?
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 12:53:25 PM »

I never ran anyone’s sticker on our cars unless they were our sponsor or were giving us money. 

Hoosier is the spec tire for .25 and that spec tire saved us a ton of money this year so I didn’t have a problem displaying it on our cars.

y2slim
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 04:21:26 PM »

I understand your opinion on that reasoning.  I don't forsee a cost savings on tires yet. Only time will tell and I hope your right.  That was not the selling factor for me to go to USAC. But my question still remains, Why is it Mandatory?  That doesn't make sense to me.  I could ask James from USAC but I was just curious if anybody had heard why?
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 04:48:42 PM »

Being that Hoosier is the spec tire for USAC, that is reason enough for me. 

As for savings, Hoosiers will definitely save money compared to the chosen Vega that everyone previously ran.  We got a MINIMUM of 4 times the racing on the Hoosiers that we did on the Vegas without our lap times dropping like the Vegas do.  Stickers or 5 races old we got the same lap times on the Hoosiers.  Defiantly a money saver for the members because our tire bill was cut by 75% for the 2009 season.

sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 06:42:02 PM »

It is a pretty common practice in any form of racing I have been involved with.  In most you could choose not to run to stickers if you wanted, but then you couldn't gain points or any awards for that series.  I don't know if that is how it is in USAC .25, but that is how other series do it.  You should email James, I am sure he could clear it up for you.

I am totally with you on not wanting to put stickers on the cars if they aren't helping in some way, but at the same time this is a sport for kids and my kid loves stickers on his car.  For that reason we have several on his car that aren't sponsors just because he thinks it looks cool.  Of course those stickers aren't nearly as large as the actual sponsor stickers.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
lawsonracing
Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 07:48:17 PM »

You will see, and be thankful when your tire bill is 75 % less! I tested them last year with Vegas, they come in fast and same lap times! Hey Sprint cup uses Goodyears, SPEC TIRES, MANY sanctions use spec tire, thats the main reason we went with USAC. If you do not like it stay with QMA, glad its a free country!

Lawson Ingold Racing
Sponsors: Mercedes Benz of Buckhead Performance Center, Sport Map ECU, Imhoff Eye Care; Altus Health Care; G-Force Racing
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 02:00:23 PM »

I do not mind the stickers as long as they do not start telling where I can put them. My cars are wrapped and I don't want decals missing up the paint schemes, my driver will do that on the track.

Thanks,
Mike
Kevin
Administrator
Veteran

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 12:30:41 PM »

Hoosier has contributed, along with other sponsors, the associated investment costs required to conduct races such as The Brickyard and for this year, The Mickyard. To conduct races at these destination venues requires financial investments well beyond revenues received from entry's. Significant track rental costs, required medical staff on hand, safer barrier wall system requirements, required royalty on merchandise sales, staffing, travel, etc. To conduct a true national event such as USAC has provided does go beyond any burden ever experienced by a club owned track or facility.

Additionally, sponsor funding has been instrumental in web development costs, advertising and marketing of the sport overall.

Lets not forget, Hoosier themselves gave us a great inaugural race last year, the Little Hoosier 100, which is an event that is sure to grow as the entire City of Newton got behind the event.

I think you will find more sponsors announced soon where the sponsor involvement will in itself will enhance the marketing and awareness of the sport through their own media efforts.

Kevin
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 12:46:51 PM »

Aside from any financial considerations, the Hoosier reps at the track were great. It was more than worth it to put a 3 inch sticker on the car to get durometer readings and explanations, input at the track. If there were any problems they were resolved right there, right now.
y2slim
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 09:31:56 PM »

Thanks Kevin.  James sent the that same response and was going to post it when I saw yours.  Thanks for clearing things up.
Marty
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: