USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:08:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: thai 120  (Read 26199 times)
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 05:21:12 PM »

Have you talked to him about the new Honda engines? What has he told you?

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
ezoner
Veteran

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 05:27:01 PM »

Obviously not.....  But sounds like I may need to make a call....

But -- this is one of the issues I have been raising that the cost of racing will get outta hand as the two sanctioning bodies make independent decisions and do not consider the cost to the racers.
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 05:33:57 PM »

When we get all the details you will see that USAC did consider the expense and the racers. USAC did not rush to any decision on this matter.

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 05:41:56 PM »

Obviously not.....  But sounds like I may need to make a call....

But -- this is one of the issues I have been raising that the cost of racing will get outta hand as the two sanctioning bodies make independent decisions and do not consider the cost to the racers.

I have an AA engine for sale...........
ezoner
Veteran

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 05:47:10 PM »

Im about ready to call it quits and let the rich people play.
msl1973
Rookie

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 05:34:19 PM »

so USAC has not made a call on THAI 120. as long as they pass tech thats the way I read this.
Frito
Rookie

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2010, 08:24:42 PM »

Ezoner,
  Most of your posts are negative...  Maybe you should quit.  USAC has been trying to listen and do the right thing but as with on-track calls someone will always disagree and it seems you disagree with everything.  Let us know when your selling out.
ezoner
Veteran

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2010, 10:59:33 AM »

OK FRITO -- DO YOU WORK FOR OBAMA....?

I am concerned about cost.  The idea is that this sport is for kids and should be focused at the local level, with as low a cost as possible.  I would be happy to discuss it with you anytime, that way we could have an actual exchange instead of quick posts.
Spinningout
Rookie

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2010, 02:49:38 PM »

usac has made a call on both motors it is a no at this time probably not till 2011 season so bring your teir 2's and tear 3;s and lets rock
Toeknee
Veteran

That's My Boy!

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2010, 03:35:10 PM »

noticed on quartermidgets.com a nice article about USAC and Honda working together reviewing the Honda Engine Platform for the future. Sounds like a good idea and thumbs up to USAC for doing the right thing by putting a hold on the new hondas until more good info is reviewed.

Tony Lofton
Driver: Bubba #5
Lofton Family Racin'
Frito
Rookie

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2010, 08:06:02 PM »

Ezoner,
  Without turning into a political thing he is our president so I guess I do kinda work for him.  They have done plenty to keep cost down on the local and national level.  I'm sorry you feel its USAC's responsibility to do everything for you.  Support your local track and encourage growth of the sport.  In doing so you'll have good family fun and the more people that participate will certainly keep cost down.  PM anytime you would like to discuss this.
tarpondawg
Rookie

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2010, 09:45:57 AM »

I vote to go all Briggs! They have an R&D department and they are built and assembled in the good ole USA!
racemom2000
Feature Winner

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2010, 10:32:54 PM »

If the USAC rule book only states a max carb size (no min), then how can the smaller carb on the thai 120 be illegal?

Katherine Weaver
www.noahweaver.com
skarnes
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2010, 09:51:12 AM »

If you are new to this sport and wanting to buy a motor what do you ask the engine builder?Is this thai motor only illegal in usac.
clouse55
Feature Winner

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2010, 10:48:03 AM »

"If the USAC rule book only states a max carb size (no min), then how can the carb on the thai 120 be illegal?"
 When you change just one dimension it creates other dimension changes. Checking height of dump tube is relative to carb bore with current tech tools. To be able to allow these your looking at opening up tech dimensions, which creates the ability to play more, which cost $$$. Needing new tech tools to police cost $$$, let alone extra time and confusion during tech, and this is for just one part that is different.

The changes in the carb is easy, its when you get to the head it becomes interesting.

Just wait till 2012!!   

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: