USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:10:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: USAC .25 National Championship  (Read 27845 times)
Kevin
Administrator
Veteran

« on: January 10, 2010, 01:01:26 PM »

Well I see the passion in .25 is in full swing! A few edits this morning. Lets focus on a great 2010.

It was a joy for me to see the younger generation on our stage friday night. The highlight of my evening is when one very confident fellow walked up on stage following the Hoosier Jacket presentation and said, quote "Hey Miller, Where My Points Check". What made this fairly comical was he was all of 8 years old. So I handed him a dollar and the line formed up with the entire .25 Champions. Unfortunately I ran out at three dollars. So the rest of you guys I will catch up with a soda or ice cream at the track this summer (well maybe not Disney, that could get costly).

USAC announced their 10 RACE National Championship slate at our annual Night of Champions banquet on Friday. This will be a true Championship for those fortunate to compete in a number of races. For points rankings, we will use the best five finishes. Here is the tentative schedule:

March 27-28         March Midget Madness           Salisbury, NC
Apr 10-11            Eastern Regionals                  Atlanta, GA
May 8-9              Western Championship            Orange Show, CA
Jun 5-6               Midwest Championship             Kokomo, IN
Jun 16-19             The Mickyard                              WALT DISNEY WORLD
Jul 7-10                The Battle at the Brickyard       Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Jul 30-31             The Little Hoosier 100             Newton Park, IN
Aug                    TBD                                     TBD
Sep 18-19            Jegs Crown Midget Nat           Columbus, OH
Sep 25-26             4 Crown Dirt Nationals            Eldora, OH
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 02:06:31 PM by USAC Developmental » Logged
mlr
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 02:51:39 PM »

Kevin,

Thanks for the edits.  These message boards are such a great way to get information about upcoming races, thoughts on rules, and just communicate.  Hopefully some of these folks will stop with the trash talk and not ruin this board for everybody.

Thanks for the 2010 schedule.  It really helps with getting the vacation days lined up.

Can't wait to get started!
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 07:20:07 PM »

Hi Kevin,
It would be great to have at least one more of these in the South. Maybe you can talk MAQMA in to hosting another one in August, I am sure they would welcome it.
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 07:24:44 PM »

If the August race isn't being held for a track that is on the fence, I would vote for Tampa for the August event. Smiley

Either way, this looks like a great schedule!

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 07:29:32 PM »

Is the 4 Crown Dirt Nationals going to be ran on paved or a dirt track?

Thanks
USAC Developmental
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 07:38:14 PM »

The 4 Crown at Eldora will be dirt along with our Silver Crown, Sprint and Midget divisions.

The .25 Midget series will be the 4th Crown at the historic event!
TQ97
Veteran

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 07:51:34 PM »

AWESOME!!!  I'm wondering about gearing for a .25 on the famous 1/2 mile though?   Shocked   (sarcasim)
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 08:39:22 PM »

So, will we be running on a paved parking lot or the 1/2 mile dirt? I am just trying to make my schedule but if it is dirt, than that will answer my question. If it is dirt, than the 10 races series comes down to nine in reality. Do not know so I needed to ask.

Thanks
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 08:55:00 PM »

Tampa would not be bad. Just financially, the Southern kids would be at a big disadvantage to make 5 events with the long distances. I really feel for the California kids.

Thanks
clouse55
Feature Winner

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 09:01:59 PM »

It will be on a permanent dirt track construsted on site.
You only use pavement to get to Eldora!!!!! 
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 09:13:26 PM »

Thanks for the info. Will have to pass on this one. I know it will be a great event, but we have -0- experience with .25 on dirt. A national would not be the way to be the first.

Thanks,
clouse55
Feature Winner

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 09:27:05 PM »

Piece of cake running on dirt. After you do it once though it will be hard to get your driver to run pavement again.
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 09:36:36 PM »

No disrespect, but he started out on dirt and the dust would not allow him to run it anymore due to health problems. He has loved running asphalt and concrete without anymore health issues. He loved the dirt, but it just did not work out for him. With USAC counting 5 races and the way the north has the majority, I am in doubt we will be racing for the series Championship, unless Tampa or MAQMA does get the August open date.

Thanks
GAQMRacers
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 09:52:07 PM »

Sure would be great if we could get another track or two (or more) in the south!!!
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 09:52:42 PM »

Can someone tell me where Newton Park, IN is located?

Thanks,
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: