USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:51:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: USAC vs QMA  (Read 142221 times)
Phil
Veteran

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2010, 01:55:06 PM »

Tony,

All Region 4 clubs had to submit along with their by-laws their club racing format that was processed and approved or denied by the NBOD before recieving their charter.

2 clubs wanted spec tires another was a difference in judging.....ALL NO

The Region board with backing from the NBOD attempted to take over a clubs voting process (due to a possible USAC vote)

These clubs are now all USAC

I hope you can fix it Tony but its been tried many times before.          
LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2010, 07:46:56 PM »

Thanks Myron.It was awesome.Pay? Its all about the drill man trophy.50 dollars for 14th place.I was thinking today cost us around 2 grand to go to tulsa with hotel.Last grands went to cost 2 grand in vega tires not counting the parking,sign in fees.

P.S. tony L. you have Kim on this now you don't have a leg to stand on.Just ask D.Tanner she couldn't hold a candle to her.Go get him Kim.
Toeknee
Veteran

That's My Boy!

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2010, 09:02:14 PM »

I'm not saying I have all the answers and I think it is great that USAC is in .25 midgets. This is going to make QMA step up or shut up. I am a 7 year QMA die hard and do think that they better be careful as "over governing " is an issue. I am just trying to determine if QMA can dictate as much as they do. As I read the rule book and the by-laws there seems to be a contradiction and I am reviewing further and as Myron says "askin questions". I just don't understand all the venom & anger around the issue. I wish all the USAC folks the best but they have only been around 1 season in youth racing. I understand the honeymoon is really nice right now but what about down the road.

Please correct and educate me if I am wrong, but USAC runs a travelling show called "Generation Next" and maybe it comes to your local club or maybe it doesn't. After that what do they do for your weekly show or are you just an independent "outlaw" track sanctioned by USAC. I may try to find a way to run a USAC show this year after running weekly 100+ cars at my home track, Eastern & Western Grands, 2 other regional tracks in my area with points series and my daughters 270 micro.

I'm just in this to race and to quote the great racer Rodney King "Why can't we just all get along?" LOL!

Tony Lofton
Driver: Bubba #5
Lofton Family Racin'
badnews69
Rookie

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2010, 10:04:37 PM »

I'm not saying I have all the answers and I think it is great that USAC is in .25 midgets. This is going to make QMA step up or shut up. I am a 7 year QMA die hard and do think that they better be careful as "over governing " is an issue. I am just trying to determine if QMA can dictate as much as they do. As I read the rule book and the by-laws there seems to be a contradiction and I am reviewing further and as Myron says "askin questions". I just don't understand all the venom & anger around the issue. I wish all the USAC folks the best but they have only been around 1 season in youth racing. I understand the honeymoon is really nice right now but what about down the road.

Please correct and educate me if I am wrong, but USAC runs a travelling show called "Generation Next" and maybe it comes to your local club or maybe it doesn't. After that what do they do for your weekly show or are you just an independent "outlaw" track sanctioned by USAC. I may try to find a way to run a USAC show this year after running weekly 100+ cars at my home track, Eastern & Western Grands, 2 other regional tracks in my area with points series and my daughters 270 micro.

I'm just in this to race and to quote the great racer Rodney King "Why can't we just all get along?" LOL!

QMA dictate's what they want when they want , the main reason reg 4 fell apart. And as for the USAC Traveling it's great, runs smoothly, and the ceramonies they put on for the winners exceed's anything qma has ever done in regionals  Wink
Live Strong
Rookie

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2010, 12:52:06 AM »

I believe the QMA structure is a good concept and in all probability worked well for many years. The conflict of interest of allowing individuals who make a living from quarter midget racing to hold key leadership roles in a nonprofit organization that governs it is very troubling to me. I sense that QMA is for profit – it’s just not the profit of QMA the organization but those who run it. When the membership takes back QMA I believe it may return to glory.

Tony,  By the way you talk I get the impression that you are a QMA insider. One of the silent voices that direct the course of QMA. Are you part of the solution… or part of the problem… be honest with yourself, are you partially responsible for the state of QMA today?

I am reasonably new to quarter midget racing and have attended both QMA Grands and a USAC National .25 event. USAC’s product was much better across the board. We have also attended both a QMA States Race and a USAC Gen Next event. USAC’s event was exactly that, a well run professional event. The QMA States race was a tension filled two days with lots of drama, mostly fighting and protesting of judging issues.

When I asked my drivers which series they would like to focus on in 2010, they instantly responded USAC! They felt the USAC Gen Next event was better than the QMA Grands.

I agree there is opportunity for both organizations and would like to see both take the sport to the next level. I fear that the thick politics in QMA will not allow it to recover quickly.

Tony I hope you are sincere in your resolve to fix the issues that have plagued QMA.
GAQMRacers
Rookie

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2010, 08:56:31 AM »

Live Strong -- I too am new to this sport with just a little over a year's experience. I see QMA in the same light. It appears to be managed by the "good ol' boy" concept whereas USAC appears to be run more like a business. While they are both non-profit organizations, someone somewhere is apparently making money because the decisions that are made in QMA are most definitely NOT for the members' benefit. But I guess they have to decide SOMETHING while they are on that $30,000 trip, don't they? While I understand the organization is 50+ years old, it is an example that older is not always smarter and now that the members are given a choice, maybe some changes will come. If not, I think over time there will be a shift in membership as more people realize QMA isn't the only game in town now.
Toeknee
Veteran

That's My Boy!

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2010, 10:15:59 AM »

Live Strong, I can guarantee you without a shadow of a doubt, I am not a "QMA insider or a silent voice that directs the course of QMA". If you knew me we would get a big laugh together about your statements.

I have NEVER run for a national position although I was the volunteer national head judge in 2008 hoping to make change for the better and that was an aweful experience! I was club VP for 1 year and ran for club pres twice and lost both, mostly because I want change for the better. I am our club Grands Chairman as we hope to get the Eastern Grands for 2011. I am all about working to make things better for the kids.

My kids and I love racing(QM's & Micros) and as I stated before we are looking to run a USAC race if our schedule will allow it and see what it is like. I also stated that I think, just like on the track, competition off the track between QMA & USAC is a good thing. I just think all the bad mouthing from both sides is not neeeded and does nothing to make the sport better.

I may not be able to change anything or make a difference but I am putting another 90 day push together to try to make a difference at my club and on a national level. If there is no change than atleast I can tell myself I did all I can and then I am just another racer! I am always nothing but sincere and wish the best to both organizations as my kids already want their kids one day to race and I hope I can help my grandkids run QMA or USAC or both!

Tony Lofton
Lofton Family Racin'
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2010, 10:23:44 AM »

Why does Tony need to solve QMA's problems on the USAC forum?
badnews69
Rookie

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2010, 10:58:12 AM »

Why does Tony need to solve QMA's problems on the USAC forum?

TRUE....WELL SAID MYRON  Wink
Phil
Veteran

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2010, 12:09:42 PM »

quote "I just don't understand the venom & anger around the issue"

Tony, QMA caused a huge riff in Region 4 and with most it can never be fixed.

Toeknee
Veteran

That's My Boy!

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2010, 12:15:18 PM »

Hey Phil, I am really sorry to hear that, but I have not seen that as an issue in region 2. Oaklane, Wall, Honeybrook all work together and have had no real issues. I really don't know what happened in region 4 but I heard about it as it was happening. If QMA caused or would not work to fix the problem that is wrong on their part. Again it is nice USAC came along and offered a choice for the disgruntled in region 4.

Myron, read the title of the thread and I did not start it. Just discussing "USAC vs QMA".

Tony Lofton
Lofton Family Racin'
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2010, 12:20:35 PM »

Well, I would say let's go to the QMA forum and discuss it since the discussion seems to be how to "fix" QMA but I'm not a member anymore and can't log on. You a USAC member Tony?
Live Strong
Rookie

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2010, 12:51:14 PM »

Tony, It’s not just Region 4. I just listened to the recording of the QMA meeting at NCQMA - www.ncqma.com

The QMA group clearly stated you must follow the RCP process and they cannot break the rules. They also stated that nothing new can be introduced from the floor at the national meeting. Given this and that you must follow “chain-of-command” which will lead you through two individuals who make a living from quarter midget racing – I’m thinking you’ll need 24 months to make any impact. I witnessed seventeen families barred from QMA after they stopped the QMA insiders “good ole boys” from taking over their club. The email strings and text messages were well documented and appalling.

Rich Tisone states that he is the one that changed the bylaws so to not allow newcomers to the sport to run for office. He appears very proud of this accomplishment and states it will be further restricted in 2010. Rich is also the one that restricted the QMA forum. What process was followed here? Why was this done? What member’s voices were heard?

From this same recording I found it curious that Rich Tisone states that the rules are the rules relevant to the RCP process then later encourages breaking the rules pertaining to arrive-and-drives, which could lead to very serious consequences with insurance if someone were injured.

Rich Tisone stated that the reason they got involved with the tire issue at NCQMA was because Tad Fiser called them while at a NCQMA event where he and his teams were getting beat. National showed up the next day and confiscated tires without following QMA procedures, three months later DQ’ed drivers and never published information on who, why, what or how. Club officers stated they asked QMA for help but they were ignored, but when Tad called from their event QMA showed up the next day??... Tisone later claims QMA spent $13,000 to help NCQMA, impression is QMA spent $13,000 to help Tad Fiser. Tad is a Regional Director and the Head RD. He makes a living from quarter midget racing.

Do you see how troubling this is? How can anyone trust exposing your children to QMA in its current state?
GAQMRacers
Rookie

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2010, 01:46:00 PM »

Throw in the towel, Tony!!
Phil
Veteran

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2010, 02:56:48 PM »

You bring up a very interesting point Live Strong.

Rich Tisone states that QMA spent $13,000 on tire testing for North Carolina.

Funny I cant find it listed anywhere in the financials of QMA for the past year.

HMMMM!!

Didn't follow procedures, no results to members, done in secret, no finance trail

Double HMMMM!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: