USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:14:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Disney Dates!!  (Read 27144 times)
BuckeyeQMDad
Feature Winner

« on: December 27, 2009, 06:35:21 PM »

Hey Kids, anybody got any date info yet for some of the big events in 2010? Lots of us have vacation time that needs to be requested in advance!!

Tony Crandall
BQMRA Indoor Rookie Director
PBCorreaRN
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 06:14:12 PM »

I got all excited when I saw this! I thought you were gonna have the dates! Sad I am right there with ya needing to ask off. Hopefully soon we will know....
Kevin
Administrator
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 02:19:21 PM »

Schedule June 16-20th. These are the date ranges that Disney has available for us. We are finalizing exact race dates now (starting on the 16 or 17). Stay tuned for the OFFICIAL announcement, but these dates are good.

Kevin
BuckeyeQMDad
Feature Winner

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 08:33:31 PM »

Yo Kev-

You da man, thx buddy! Vacay days being requested tomorrow. Cheers!

Tony Crandall
BQMRA Indoor Rookie Director
gadams
Veteran

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 09:19:02 PM »

this is a question for usac, are you willing to hall cars down to disney like you did for Tampa last year? If so i know it would help some of the ohio and indiana racers make that event.
                                                     Thank you
                                                         Greg Adams
lawsonracing
Veteran

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 08:26:42 PM »

not good dates for me, have to be at roebling road that weekend for company track  event...
what type of races will these be, national points? and where will they race ? in parking lot ?

Lawson Ingold Racing
Sponsors: Mercedes Benz of Buckhead Performance Center, Sport Map ECU, Imhoff Eye Care; Altus Health Care; G-Force Racing
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 10:27:49 AM »

gadams  ---  and others   ---  If everything goes as planned I will be able to take a bunch of cars down with me. We are finishing up a new hauler for the focus cars and can use it if there is enough interest from the area. And if USAC took theirs too they could haul some of the Indiana racers south.

We also may be able to take some out to the California track - Orange Show in early may.

If anyone is interested let me know and I can put you on a list and then keep you updated. I am a little overwhelmed with my life right now so I don’t want to commit 100% just yet.

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
PBCorreaRN
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 11:16:35 AM »

soooooo How will this Disney thing go?? Will everyone stay in motor homes or will Disney resorts have a deal for racers??

I was thinking it would be the second week... so I have some adjusting to do! Smiley
racingjmj
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 10:10:23 PM »

Just Booked at Fort Wilderness campground 14th thru the 21st I sure hope im not there all alone!
ezoner
Veteran

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 04:28:12 PM »

Im not sure how people can afford this -- regardless.  This will be a race for the rich and will discourage my driver as I tell her we can't afford to go.  I realize that some will have fun, but I will have to face my kid and say we can't go.  The budget just wont allow it. 

This sounds like a good idea on the surface, but I would much rather see events that everyone can afford to attend.
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 06:22:05 PM »

What specifically do you fear will make this event so un-affordable?

Orlando is a relatively inexpensive town.  There are tons of really cheap hotels.  We usually get one with a kitchen just a couple miles from Disney then we have as many meals at the hotel as possible and it hardly costs us more money for food than if we stayed at home.  Other than that everything else race related will cost the same as a race anywhere else.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 06:36:24 PM by sfreitas20 » Logged

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
racingjmj
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 08:11:26 PM »

For those that dont know there is a KOA campground 15 min to the west on I-4 at hwy 27 its nice  and cheep! lots of room I have stayed there a couple of times !
racingjmj
Rookie

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 08:16:53 PM »

I do have a question about parking our trailer ! when and where and will the race be on the infield of the track or the outside parking lot? also will Disney be involved in the program at all because I know they dont do little things so if they are it should be cool!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 08:19:41 PM by racingjmj » Logged
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 09:34:22 PM »

Good question. I was wondering the same thing. When and where will we park our rigs for the event. What dates will be open for practice, sign ups, and etc.

Thanks,
Mike
TQ97
Veteran

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 09:48:58 PM »

What specifically do you fear will make this event so un-affordable?

Orlando is a relatively inexpensive town.  There are tons of really cheap hotels.  We usually get one with a kitchen just a couple miles from Disney then we have as many meals at the hotel as possible and it hardly costs us more money for food than if we stayed at home.  Other than that everything else race related will cost the same as a race anywhere else.

It all depends on where you're coming from and if you consider it racing or a vacation and what you would spend on the vacation....Hauling from say, Indianapolis, is what a 14-16 hour drive?  So you've got a day or two invested each way, a hotel if you drive 2 days each way.  Gas will be $3 if not $3.50 then, so you're looking at least $300 in gas, then your hotels for the week, even if cheaper, you're looking at another $400-500 for the week, then add in food.  And what good is a race down there if you don't actually go to Disney World for a day or two....there's another $200 minimum, probably more.  You're well over $1000, before nearing any type of actual racing costs.   Don't get me wrong....I'm not saying I wouldn't do it.  For a trip to Disney and racing, thats not all that bad actually.  But, in this economy, and if you have to travel a decent ways from out of state, there will be quite a few who don't make it, because they can't spend that on a "racecation",   Hey....I'm copyrighting that phrase!!!! 

In perspective, this weekends trip to Columbus before racing expenses takes 2 1/2 hours each way and will cost me about $100 in gas and food, I choose to go over early Friday and stay so my driver is well rested (ok...me too, lol), so its $200.   I suppose the coolness of racing at Disney is worth 5x what Columbus is (Columbus guys dont take offense please), but I think the bigger problem and cost comes into the days off from work. 

If somehow bigger haulers and USAC can move some of the cars down, it would help, but you still have to get you and your family down there one way or another and with the ridiculous additions of baggage fees, its getting darn near cheaper to drive everywhere....
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: