USAC Racing Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:45:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Attention all usac racers help these guys make a choice Dont just read comment  (Read 6658 times)
phaster
Rookie

« on: December 23, 2009, 11:19:09 PM »

Help all of the clubs on the fence for this year with great stories and comments on your USAC racing to show them the positives if usac is supporting you support them. Be the ones that lead these guys so we all can have more venues to race at and more oppertunities to meet  more friends for this great family sport we enjoy contact the clubs around you contact the people in tenn and cummings let them know that not only usac wants them but we do to word of mouth is the best advertisment I personally can't wait to meet some of you guys next year
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 12:00:32 AM by phaster » Logged
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 11:30:03 PM »

I can tell the guys down south that the club presidents in the Ohio and Indiana area have not finalized the schedule for 2010 waiting to see what tracks in the south join USAC .25. There are many members from this area that would like to do some more traveling this year and to race on some different tracks. Many of these same members had a lot of fun going to new places last year. With the money they saved on tires this allowed them to travel more and knowing they didnt have to put on new tires to be competitive gave them the motivation to go race many more races in 2009.

Ya'all need to give it a try in 2010....you wont regret it.

Eric Rankine

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
ssssmoke
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 11:36:12 AM »

i could get on here and tell you that usac is the best thing since sliced bread but im not. the transition from qma style racing to usac racing is not that easy. at a club level you can do as you please, that is awesome, how can you say anything bad about that. at regional races though its a little more difficult. the big races move along at a fast pace (which i like but sometimes to fast, of course when you have damage its to fast, and no damage its perfect). you must get used to the call and strike system. we had alot of issues with that this last year. but here is the thing folks- usac listened and made changes, and from what im hearing more changes are coming to accomidate what the racers have been complaining about. im going to say that again-they listened and made changes, some that were immediate. it was not a perfect first year but a damn good one in my book. you are not going to make the change and say "all of our racing problems have been solved" i guarantee that. its a work in progress and it is heading in the right direction. i feel a club should strongly consider and be ready for some new challenges, and maybe do something to change the sport of .25 racing.
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 11:49:03 AM »

I think the thing that stands out most for me was the race at Bellview with the karts. Running with USAC they were able to add all the classes of QMs to their program seamlessly and really was a good example of how a track like that could expand their program. Running a larger track was fun for everyone. It's nice to change things up from time to time.
Myron
Kendall42
Veteran

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 07:31:13 PM »

I can tell you from experience now that USAC really made our quarter midget experience a more memorable one.  We started in QM racing at Toledo 4 years ago when Austin was 11...much later then I wish we had started.  We did a few regionals in our QMA years, but really did not enjoy it all that much.  Shows lasted WAY too long, too much bickering and people getting pissy about the judging, lots of political stuff.  We enjoyed the Tri-City and club stuff...but just did not enjoy the Regional stuff. 
When Toledo voted to between USAC and QMA...I really did not care too much which way we went.  We just wanted to race club stuff anyway so it really did not matter.  Having raced big cars for years and racing under track rules and UMP rules, I don't race because of a sanctioning body, I race to race and have fun.  However, the first GenNext race (Midwest qualifier) we went to was at Toledo and WOW...what a blast!  USAC had the big USAC truck and ran a very smooth, fun, professional event!  The kids truly felt like they were the stars of a USAC show.  The politics were gone, the bickering was gone...just a bunch of people focusing on racing and having fun.  So we decided to run a few more of the GenNext and MW Thunder shows.  We ran at Nationals, Kokomo and Columbus.  We then ran the final Bellevue dirt show and did very well.  We were hooked...these USAC deals are a blast!  Unfortunately we did not run enough of the GenNext shows to get called up on stage at the AWESOME USAC banquet. 
This year, 2010, will be Austin's last in QM Racing because he will be 15 in March.  So long as finances allow it (this economy has taken it's toll on my racing budget!) we will run all the GenNext stuff, or at least the shows in the midwest.  Not sure we can make Florida or Vegas...but maybe!  And we will run as many of the Midwest Thunder shows as we can...the dirt shows for sure!  With it being his last year in QM, I want him to enjoy making that stage appearance at the USAC banquets next year.  It was one awesome banquet in 2009 and the kids were the stars of a very big deal! 

So...if anyone is questioning if their club should go USAC or not, my vote would be yes.  Again, I had no real preference when our club went...I would have been OK either way as long as we raced!  But I am glad now that our club went this way and we started going to the bigger shows.  I am really looking forward to our final season in 2010 and all the great USAC shows! 

Brad Kendall
www.kendallmotorsports.com
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: