USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:41:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: any news from tenn club are the considering it  (Read 50103 times)
phaster
Rookie

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2009, 09:18:59 AM »

hey nc went usac for a reason even after asking qma to come down we still got the normal run around and no answers they qma say the only way to change things are through rcps and with the rd forgetting to turn them in for region 3 you were looking at a 18mth birht process for any of the changes people are looking for and there is no recourse for this you will not be heard until next year and if I had to here this is volunteer one more time you ran for the position now do the job...there presintation was weak and it turns into all the members fault and your problem not theres  the only reason the came down was because a board member was down for the fall national and heard we were going usac thats the only reason the had already had our questions for several weeks and did not respond until told to do so
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2009, 11:23:13 AM »

I think a fact that gets lost in all this is that neither QMA or USAC sanction weekly racing. Read the bylaws. QMA sanctions the grands and states races. Period. If you run a regional series it is sanctioned under the authority of the regional board. Usac only sanctioned the Gen. Next series and Indy nationals. The midwest Thunder was a district series. There is NO national points series. Just because a national org. feels that sticking their nose into local business is in their best financial intrest does not make it right or aceptable. All of this is run on members money. I should probably post this on the QMA open forum...oh...wait......
My name is still:
Myron Swartz
phaster
Rookie

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2009, 03:40:29 PM »

myron swartz please clarify if you dont mind was that a jab at usac or qma??? not sure
Swartz
Feature Winner

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2009, 04:20:52 PM »

Not a jab at either. Just fact. The Columbus indoors used to be QMA untill a national board member stuck her nose into how they were run. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples. Well, I guess the forum thing was a jab at QMA. I've nver seen an org. directly threaten the membership for what they may deem misuse of a forum on the internet. If I posted something inappropriate here I'm sure the moderator would delete or edit it but no one has said it would threaten my childs ability to compete. And it is an open forum. Why would you shut out the ability of people who may have years of experience that have moved on or new people looking for advice and information about joining? I guess it works out if you are trying to be a secret or controll the members
Kendall42
Veteran

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2009, 07:28:53 PM »

I can tell you from experience now that USAC really made our quarter midget experience a more memorable one.  We started in QM racing at Toledo 4 years ago when Austin was 11...much later then I wish we had started.  We did a few regionals in our QMA years, but really did not enjoy it all that much.  Shows lasted WAY too long, too much bickering and people getting pissy about the judging, lots of political stuff.  We enjoyed the Tri-City and club stuff...but just did not enjoy the Regional stuff. 
When Toledo voted to between USAC and QMA...I really did not care too much which way we went.  We just wanted to race club stuff anyway so it really did not matter.  Having raced big cars for years and racing under track rules and UMP rules, I don't race because of a sanctioning body, I race to race and have fun.  However, the first GenNext race (Midwest qualifier) we went to was at Toledo and WOW...what a blast!  USAC had the big USAC truck and ran a very smooth, fun, professional event!  The kids truly felt like they were the stars of a USAC show.  The politics were gone, the bickering was gone...just a bunch of people focusing on racing and having fun.  So we decided to run a few more of the GenNext and MW Thunder shows.  We ran at Nationals, Kokomo and Columbus.  We then ran the final Bellevue dirt show and did very well.  We were hooked...these USAC deals are a blast!  Unfortunately we did not run enough of the GenNext shows to get called up on stage at the AWESOME USAC banquet. 
This year, 2010, will be Austin's last in QM Racing because he will be 15 in March.  So long as finances allow it (this economy has taken it's toll on my racing budget!) we will run all the GenNext stuff, or at least the shows in the midwest.  Not sure we can make Florida or Vegas...but maybe!  And we will run as many of the Midwest Thunder shows as we can...the dirt shows for sure!  With it being his last year in QM, I want him to enjoy making that stage appearance at the USAC banquets next year.  It was one awesome banquet in 2009 and the kids were the stars of a very big deal! 

So...if anyone is questioning if their club should go USAC or not, my vote would be yes.  Again, I had no real preference when our club went...I would have been OK either way as long as we raced!  But I am glad now that our club went this way and we started going to the bigger shows.  I am really looking forward to our final season in 2010 and all the great USAC shows! 

Brad Kendall
www.kendallmotorsports.com
MTA Motorsports
Rookie

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2009, 12:20:19 PM »

Hello all.  We are members at the Nashville track and certainly are very interested in everyone's opinion.  Let me first say i do not speak for the track.  I don't want anyone to percieve my opinion or curiosity to be one for the Nashville board, or its membership as a whole.  Just me.  My quest for information and willingness to "break ranks" in only bathed in the desire to race, and travel with my child.  The Nashville decision is not what I am even willing to discuss, as I am no longer connected to the political machine.  I do know one thing.  With the North Carolina and Metro Migration, our landscape has changed.  That cannot be denied, or ignored.  I have no idea what Cummings or region 3 QMA will do, or what ARCA has to offer.  I also have no idea what Nashville will do.  So I must plan for the future.

OK, so I hate it that all this stuff is happening when we planned to travel more this year.  We have a significant investment in camping equipment that I fully intend to use that is till my driver determines if he likes travelling or not.  To this point, we spent most of our time going back and forth between Huntsville and nashville and this year we were planning to expand on it.  As a team, this year or next will probably be our last season, so we want to make the most of it.  I was hoping to make our world a little bigger than the 2 tracks we already know.

Here are my questions:  Is there anything that prevents me from driving both QMA and Usac?  I understand there is no love lost between the organizations and honestly don't care, but I am concerned that we may not have any choice but too join and race both.  So, is there anyone else out there that is doing that?  Whats it like going between both groups?  i know there are tire differences but beyond that, any issues?  I'm not surprised that the responses you get on the USAC site are all positive about USAC.  Sounds like everyone is enjoying the experience.  Since we are from the Nashville area, we are still less than 6 hours from most of the tracks north.  I understand there are differences but how does it effect the quality of racing?  Do any of you folks race both, and what do you think?  What do your driver's think?

Mark Andreola
MTA Motorsports
ssssmoke
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2009, 12:44:16 PM »

no qualifying at the usac shows. usually done early and back at the camp site with the grill going watching the kids rip it up on scooters, bikes, etc. usac absolutely does not care if you also run qma. qma should not care if you run usac but have heard some sticky situations there. my opinion is race as much as you can in either sanction and enjoy your last year(s).
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2009, 07:22:19 PM »

Mark, we do both and have no issues.  You mention tire differences, but I don't there has to be that either.  We have done testing at the QMA track, where everyone runs Vegas, with our Hoosiers and haven't really noticed much difference, except the Hoosiers seem to wear a lot better. 

I know in the Midwest there seemed to be a lot of animosity between the two groups, but I haven't really noticed it much here in the south.  As far as the racing goes, it is racing.  I have been around racing long enough to know that your team is going to get screwed on some calls no matter what and your team is also going to get some good calls to.  In the end it all balances out.  I will say it is a little easier on the handler at the USAC events, especially when you have a wrecked car to fix, because you don't have to worry about running to the tower to judge. 

All in all, both offer good racing and a good platform for our kids.  I think USAC is a little bit better at this point and I think they are structured to be a lot better in the long term as well.  They have a clear "ladder" for those kids that want to continue up the racing ranks.

As far as what my son thinks of both, as a 7 year old Junior Honda driver, he doesn't really notice too much difference.  He gets in the car and goes after it just the same no matter what.

Hope that helps and don't hesitate to send me a message if you want to talk about it more.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: