USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:54:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Columbus Indoor Winternationals – Why such a hotbed of “Talent”?  (Read 37210 times)
BuckeyeQMDad
Feature Winner

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 10:34:01 PM »

Correct- NO SPEC TIRE AND NO MEMBERSHIPS REQUIRED!!!!!!!

INDEPENDENT, QMA, AND USAC FOLKS are all welcome to race- no brand bias required/needed!

As a club (Buckeye), we have made a concerted effort to ensure all that want to, can come and race the Indoor Winternationals. You will see a little bit of everything- Firestone, Burris, Hoosiers and yes I'm told there are a number of folks in the heavy classes that will be on Vegas by the end of the 6 race series- although not not me personally (not condusive to success in Jr Rookie & Jr Honda).

Personally Burris is my indoor tire of choice (i.e. that's what I've got left over from last year)..... unless any others are wanting to be a tire sponsor- hint, hint, wink wink!!!

Tony Crandall
BQMRA Indoor Rookie Director
Live Strong
Rookie

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2009, 11:45:20 AM »

Nice job on the new site!! - Jason Beekman does great work for a great price!

When can I buy one of those cool Columbus Indoor Winternationals shirts in the BQMRA Store? http://bqmra.com/store.html

BuckeyeQMDad
Feature Winner

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 01:07:25 PM »

Check out the new T-shirts for this year. We've got a really cool design and will be having more color choices to include tie-dye. We should have them up and running online for purchase middle of next week or so. Which means if you forget to grab them at the track- NO WORRIES, YOU CAN BuY ONLINE BABY!

http://www.buckeyequartermidget.com/store.html

Tony Crandall
BQMRA Indoor Rookie Director
IndyQMDad
Veteran

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 03:32:35 PM »

Hey T,

The shirts look great. That's one of the nicer designs I have ever seen. Hats off to everyone invloved.

David
Live Strong
Rookie

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2009, 06:11:26 PM »

Received today - well said David194?

Yes, I would highly recommend the Columbus Indoor Series. You’re right on target - it’s the perfect setting for both your drivers and you (as a handler) to grow. The folks there (truly from around the country) are very willing to help out and share setup information. Take your YFA’s and or A35’s, Vega’s are a challenge on the cold floor.

It’s an independent (non sanctioned series) rooted mostly in QMA rules and well enforced. The best teams from QMA, USAC and the Outlaw tracks race there in the winter, no memberships of any kind required. The event’s fifty three years old and legendary - it really is some of the best racing of the year. You can always pick out the kids who ran the indoor series, huge advantage over the ones that did not, come outdoor season! Helped both my drivers a ton!

Go to their website www.bqmra.com and look at some of names, It’s like a mini Grands every two week. They also have great t-shirts and state fair food… You’ll be worn-out but your drivers will excel and the family will remember it forever!!.. Worth the trip.
Live Strong
Rookie

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 06:56:37 PM »

Posted on a local big car tri-track forum:

Re: INDOOR RACING
Posted on November 10, 2009, 6:51 pm, in reply to "Re: INDOOR RACING"

I love going to the 1/4 midget races indoors. I remember seeing David Carter, Tyler Nuckles, Linsey, Ryan Newman, Bryan Clauson, Cameron Dodson, Bryan Nuckles, Dominic Bando, Chris Moore, Travis Braden, Cale Conley, Cole Duncan, Ryan Miller, Mike Rush, Lonnie Rush jr. , Chad Barr, Rob Chaney, Rob and John Nervo, Sean Macneally, and many others who have gone on to be good racecar drivers. Folks if you want to see tomorrow's stars go watch some indoor quarter midget racing.
Rich Cagle
Rookie

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2009, 03:57:23 PM »

Indoor Winternational Shirts NOW Available On-Line!   

In response to numerous requests, we have made the t-shirts available on-line and opened the store early.  Available at: http://bqmra.com/store

Given that BQMRA is a small nonprofit children’s racing organization we struggled with the logistics of providing these cost effectively on-line. The Coughlin family stepped up to help and is hosting this for the “Indoor Winternational Nation” through JEGS.com!! They are providing the mechanics of this at a much lower cost to you than we could as a club - Thank you JEGS!! All proceeds are still going towards supporting and improving the series.

We are not sure what to expect, you may want to get your shirts early as quantities are truly limited. We will be selling some shirts at the event as well.

For more information on the Buckeye Indoor Winternationals go to: http://bqmra.com/indoor.html. Thank you for your support.

Best regards,

Rich Cagle
jrcagle@earthlink.net
Live Strong
Rookie

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2009, 08:00:26 PM »

13 of our NCQMA drivers and their familes braved the frigid temperatures and drove 8 hours to race at Columbus Indoor, where the most intense off-season racing occurs. - Tonya

RESULTS from the Columbus Indoor Winternationals on January 17, 2009:

Nolan Allison:Sr. Honda C Main-6th; Lt. Mod B Main-6th

Thomas Beane:WF A Main-??; Hvy A A Main-11th

Ryan Blaney: WF A Main-1st; Hvy A B Main-7th; Hvy B A Main-5th

Harrison Burton: Jr. Honda A Main-2nd; Jr. Stock A Main-4th

Chase Campbell: Hvy Honda B Main-6th; Hvy 160 A Main-11th

Jared Fryar: WF A Main-8th; Hvy A A Main-10th

Dale Miller: Lt. 160 B Main-9th

Mark Miller: Lt. 160 C Main-5th

Alex Murray: Sr. Honda A Main-2nd; Lt. Mod A Main-10th

Joshua Rummage: Hvy Honda A Main-8th; Hvy. 160 A Main-8th

Tyler Shullick: Lt. 160 A Main-5th; Lt. A A Main-2nd; Lt. B A Main-3rd

Katlyn Stanley: WF A Main-5th; Hvy A A Main-5th

Jon Stires: Hvy Honda A Main-2nd
y2slim
Rookie

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2009, 11:39:24 PM »

Funny I was reading this post today! I was just telling my son Joshua Rummage that I probably wasn't going to run indoors this year. Mainly because of time off work.  He pitched a hissy fit(that's NC for gettting pissed off),  he said "that my favorite track".  I asked him why? We never finish good. He told me it's my fault for keeping his cars too tight there during races but he felt it gave him more confidence when racing other places. Also lots of his friends from NCQMA race there. To my defense I have gotten lucky on qualifying set-up at the Winternationals 2 day event.  He has made A-mains on time the last two years including his first time on the track ever 2 years ago.  But he gets so tight in the race and he fades back at the halfway point.  So, I guess I need more seat time Huh? He said can we please try to go at least once.  I told him if at all possible we would go ever chance we could.  This is because when I got to thinking about it, he never won a race or barely passed anybody until after racing indoors. This year he has won several races and took both championships in the summer heat series at NCQMA for heavy honda and heavy 160. And his weekend performance improved also.  The folks that run the indoors are very nice and run a good show. So hopefully we can make a few events this year. It is very different style of racing but we enjoy every trip.  Looking forward to seeing ya'll soon.
Marty
Live Strong
Rookie

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2009, 09:50:04 AM »

Great in car video of Light World Forumla at the Indoor Winternationals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9Gl9pmIQ4w&feature=related

Also great pictures from Race #1
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AaM2Tdw2ZOGT2A

I sure miss seeing that shiny new trailer right outside turn one - God Speed Ben
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 09:53:57 AM by Live Strong » Logged
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2009, 12:18:02 PM »

Great video.
Live Strong
Rookie

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2009, 03:10:36 PM »

Do you know how many famous Indy, NASCAR, USAC, WoO… drivers have come through the Indoor Winternational series over the past 53 years? Many have never won a race there?.... Indoor Winternational Titles appear on their Resumes like Grands Wins!

Six events on the same track perfectly separated and with most of the best minds and drivers in the business - perfect learning environment. We look at this series as an opportunity to have fun and grow… nothing is on the line… race, improve and enjoy.

Love the stories!... not sure who sent this link, outstanding, right on target…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiaPNlR5A4I&feature=related

Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: