March 29, 2024, 09:26:06 AM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: UMRA Rookie of the Year Exploring Opportunities for 2011  (Read 5149 times)
Copperhead
Rookie

« on: November 02, 2010, 05:49:42 PM »

My name is Scotty Orme. I'm a 21-year-old racer from Central, IN. Feel free to call me by my nickname, Copperhead. I recently completed my 7th season of short-track racing, in which I competed in the UMRA TQ Midget Series and earned the "Tony Stewart Rookie of the Year" title, driving the #16 car for Michael Koontz. I am currently exploring driving opportunities for 2011. My interest primarily lies in open wheel racing (sprints, midgets, TQ's, Ford Focus, etc), but I am open to virtually everything with four wheels. If you are looking for a full-time, part-time, or single-event driver give me a call, and we'll talk. We never know if we can help one another without asking questions (an ad just like this one is what got me a ride with Michael exactly one year ago. It worked out well, for both of us, so I decided it was a shot in the dark worth taking).

Over the course of my 7 years of racing, I have driven 4 different styles of cars including mini cups, 600cc upright mini sprints, street/pure stocks, and TQ Midgets. I have competed on both dirt and pavement at 21 different race tracks including Salem Speedway, O'Reilly Raceway Park, Kokomo Speedway, Bloomington Speedway, Lake Erie Speedway, Brownstown Speedway, Anderson Speedway, and more. One of my best traits in a racecar is the ability to do more with less. I have a knack for taking less-than-stellar equipment and being competitive with it. I can drive the edge without abusing equipment. I don't have a tremendous amount of mechanical knowledge, but I am good at figuring out what my car needs from a setup standpoint. I believe it is important to conduct myself professionally both on and off the track. I have had many successful sponsorship deals throughout the years, and many of my sponsors return year after year, happy with the product.

Racing is something I plan to do for the rest of my life. I want nothing more than to make a living doing this. I'm doing everything I can (no matter how ridiculous and futile the idea is) to get where I want to be. I'm trying to make a name for myself and create an image that will stand out. If you are a team that wants to do the same, or you're just looking for a hands-on driver that will give you all he's got, then give me a call. If you have any questions or would like a copy of my resume, please, don't hesitate to contact me. You can also check out my website at: www.ScottyOrme.com

Thanks for reading,

Scotty Orme
Racecar Driver
Cell: 502-855-0498
Email: RandyOrmeRacing@aol.com
Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: