USAC Racing Forum
April 20, 2024, 05:53:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: penny for your thought on choice on head and neck restraints  (Read 6037 times)
jwalk
Rookie

« on: November 08, 2009, 11:03:50 PM »

I've been checking out different H&N devices . Has any one purchased the defnder for a q-midget use? All info I have found says one size fits all but didn't mention for kids.(32" chest 57' tall and 115 lb) Any pro's and con's on any restraint would be helpfull. Any thoughts on a D-Cell? Looks kinda time consuming to put on and not as of effective Huh??.Thanks
jdracing
Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 04:42:09 PM »

The defnder will not fit a small kid.I tried one on my son this weekend for his bandolero.It is to big.The best thing is the r3 or a hans.
CrewChief6
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 11:31:53 PM »

Are you in a seat?

We're in the Joie seat, and tried the Hans first. Not good. The Hans pushed the driver's head too far forward, and he was basically eating the steering wheel. We're trying the Hybrid Pro Rage, but the shoulder width is a bit too wide. If you're getting a custom-built seat, get the restraint first, and measure with it on, so the seat builder can accommodate for it. I think we might have to get ours refitted.

Hybrid Pro Rage is great, because, like the Joie seat, you can grow with the device. All you have to do is to pay to get the harness restrapped (I think it's less than $100, but don't quote me on that). Much cheaper than getting a new $600-plus device every few years as your driver grows. And it also protects your driver from side and angular impacts. 

Lyra Solochek
isaaksolochekracing.com
Sponsors: DWT, LAT Racing Oil, AMSOIL, ZeroNine, racinggraphics.com, Family Eyecare of Westchase, Circle of Life Animal Hospital
slowpoke
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 02:11:05 AM »

We got the R3 device this past summer and we all love it. Plus your kid can grow with it by having new straps made for it.It is comfortable for the kids to wear and does not force them forward like the hans devices do. I could not imagine letting my little guy race without it now.
jwalk
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 04:52:30 PM »

no,he is not in a regular seat just a padded interior. I have talked to a few other guys and said they also liked the R3 and sounds like that might be the best choice in that price range.I want to purchase something in a week or so and who knows,maybe I can stumble across a good deal.Thanks for everyone's input.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: