March 28, 2024, 07:50:40 AM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: Outstanding Racing  (Read 12246 times)
FuKnutZ
Rookie

« on: July 08, 2008, 06:02:32 PM »

Hello to all , I just wanted to say that I have been a racing fan for about 37 of my 41 years and nothing ....I repeat nothing compares to the excitement of the USAC division. Sprint cars are my favorite and now with the "old" silver crown cars returning I plan on attending those events that are in my area  I am looking forward to Indiana sprint week and to the Management keep up the excellent work .

"A man's got to know his limitations"
steve_g
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 08:14:03 AM »

Couldnt agree more. We dont have the quality or frequency of racing here but we would walk a 1000 miles over broken glass to watch a sprint or midget race. USAC does a fantastic job with the scheduling and promotion of the sport - long may they enjoy their success !!!

steve_g
(auckland, new zealand)
Western Fan
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 07:15:37 PM »

I agree with the effort that USAC makes in the Mid-West. That is great. I can't figure out why the same effort isn't given to the Western Series. I wish that excitement could be echoed out West. Car counts are horrible in the Midgets and very little is being done about it.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 07:17:39 PM by Western Fan » Logged
TNiblack68
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 11:47:48 PM »

Then you have not been to a WoO event. I do agree that the wingless sprints are great racing but the Outlaws put on a show!!
FuKnutZ
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 10:34:03 AM »

Yea sure one groove racing with a runaway by the leader ..........I made the mistake of wasting a night watching oulaws once....never again.

randyrad
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 02:45:12 PM »

I really enjoy watching the Outlaws come East to battle the Posse (headed to the Grove tomorrow), but this years USAC race at Hagerstown was the best race I've seen in this neck of the woods. The track was excellent, multi grooved & constant passing ...the perfect combo.
PA Speedweek winged race at Hagerstown a couple weeks later was also good. Great track conditions then also. Lots of passing for a Winged race, but not as much as the USAC race.
It was a good side by side demo of the difference. I'll watch both happily, but much prefer the USAC races.
FuKnutZ
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 12:39:53 AM »

Just got home from Bloomington . I say this in complete honesty possibly the best racing in the A main that have seen in my 41 years absolutely a great show . Slide jobs and multi groove racing all night long and Dave Darland came home in 3rd after starting in row 12. Really enjoyed "Sprint week" now It is time to think about the Silver Crown cars next thursday at IRP or is it ORP now? Thank you to all involved in the "08" Sprint week.  

MatMiller
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 03:36:32 PM »

I've never been to see a Sprint race until Sprint Week came through Kokomo last weekend.  I'm on my friend's crew, he races micro midgets, and he took me to see the Sprints at Kokomo on Sunday night.  Wow.  It was an amazing experience and I can't wait to go see another race.  Thank you to all who were involved on maing it a truly awesome experience!

"Get Dirty"
-Mat
Justin
Feature Winner

race=life

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 12:50:27 AM »

i wish i could have been there.

To race is to win. To get 1st is to succeed! To succeed to to make dreams come true!
Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: