USAC Racing Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:18:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: disney race  (Read 10466 times)
gadams
Veteran

« on: August 13, 2009, 09:14:14 PM »

During the drivers meeting at the nationals there was talk of a race at disney world. I was curious when some more details were going to be released, such as dates. I think the earier people know the better the turn out will be.
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 11:05:01 PM »

AJ asks me about it just about every week since Indy.  Can't wait to hear the details.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
racemom2000
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 06:09:35 PM »

I think they said June 2010 at the drivers meeting?

Katherine Weaver
www.noahweaver.com
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 07:14:51 PM »

That sounds right...if it is in June, all the northerners that will be coming down need to make sure the AC in your trailers is working well.  In June it is only one or two degrees cooler than the surface of the sun here in Florida. Wink

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
gadams
Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 11:53:22 AM »

If they run it in june that puts it close to the nationals. I think they should move it to apr. or may, that is alot of money to run back to back months.
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 04:15:07 PM »

I agree with that, sort of...if they aren't going to have it in the summer, then they should move it to November/December.  Apr/May is Spring Break time in FL, so everything is insanely crowded and it is already really hot.  November/December is when the weather is great here and it generally is the slow season for everything, so all the other Florida attractions are nice because they aren't crowded.

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 07:32:52 PM »

That time of year is also when you get to ride the cool rides over and over and over again.  When we used to live in Florida we went twice a year and the Oct-Dec was the best time to go.

Ill find out this year if thats still the case...  ;-)

pokesalad
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 04:26:32 PM »

It would seem pretty cool if they had it either before or after the  little new smyrna race. A family could get in some good racing .
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 04:59:18 PM »

I agree with that...The Lil500 at New Smyrna is a great few days of racing and to be able to roll 50 miles from there to Disney for a USAC race would make it even better. Smiley

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
racemom2000
Feature Winner

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 12:57:30 PM »

Yep, I think the New Smyrna little 500 is scheduled for Dec 27-30, so if the disney race could be right after that, that would be eaiser on families who will have to travel a ways. Plus, winter is much better to visit Florida. In the summer, Florida is "walk-out-the-door-&-immediately-start-pouring-sweat" time. A winter disney race would be much more comfortable (especially for those not used to Fla heat).

Like Scott F said, Apr/May are spring break time in Florida, which would cut down attendance for the race. And for those who want to visit disney & ride the rides, you'll get on a lot quicker (no terribly long lines) in the winter.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 08:37:15 PM by racemom2000 » Logged

Katherine Weaver
www.noahweaver.com
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: