USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:02:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: MWT Down & Dirty race at Bellevue  (Read 25832 times)
Barr
Feature Winner

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 07:31:50 PM »

For those of you who didn't go, I just have to say you missed one heck of a day. Every kid came off  the track and all said the same thing. "THAT WAS AWESOME" The cars were sliding sideways just like the big cars. This facilty was a top notch place. We had about a two hour rain delay this morning.  After three classes of cars they had to water the track. This track was a lot bigger than most quarter midget tracks, so they carried a lot of straight away speed. even though we didn't place in the money  the smile on my boys face was worth every penny. Thank you everybody who put this show on.
Barr
Feature Winner

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2009, 09:46:03 PM »

A few pics from this weekend
Barr
Feature Winner

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2009, 09:47:16 PM »

More
Barr
Feature Winner

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2009, 09:48:38 PM »

more
Barr
Feature Winner

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2009, 09:49:41 PM »

photo of the track
Swartz
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2009, 12:29:15 PM »

Ok guys. That was fun. Anyone who didn't go, you missed a good one. The racing was great, Barr found his party and I finaly got a nap. We ran 10.7 sec. laps with our Hvy. WF on a 1/10 mi. track. Cool. Anyone know if video will be available and from who?
bracing
Rookie

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2009, 02:34:20 PM »

Was a really cool time,was our first time on dirt.all the kids seemed to enjoy the experiance.Thanks to great lakes speedway and MR Rankin.We ran a 12second lap in our sr honda. Whens the next one that was fun.  All the cleanup of the car won't be though.   
sprintcar39
National Champion

Rankine Racing 39

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2009, 08:04:35 AM »

The races were video taped by one of the track personal. I should get it today then it will be sent to USAC. There has been talk of running it on the USACracing website one night during the week. There may also be a chance that a DVD will be available for this event in the future. Details are sure to follow.

The next Dirt race is going to be put on by the Kokomo club. You can contact Jeremy Jameson for more information. That race will be held on August 22 & 23 at the Kokomo Speedway.

And yes it was a great time....and Jim and his crew at GreatLakes Speedsports did a fine job both on and off the track. It was also nice to see that after everyone was gone there was not any trash laying anywhere in the pits. It was all put in the trash cans. They commented on how great all the Quarter Midget families were and welcome us back anytime.

Eric Rankine
USAC Director of Competition
NWOQMRA - USAC .25
USAC - HPD Midget - Midwest Series
USAC National Midget - Spike/Esslinger
worm
Rookie

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2009, 09:03:17 AM »

That to me was the most fun we have had all year!!  The look on the kids faces was priceless!!  Watching the kids learn how to drive on the dirt was awesome.  Cant wait for the Kokomo race now!!   We will try to get the track about the size of Greatlakes.  I think that was a great size track was fast and made for some great racing.

THANKS to all the staff for a great weekend!!
To those who didnt show up well you missed it BIG time!!
Jeremy
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: