March 29, 2024, 02:09:19 AM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: Indiana Racer Seeking Ride  (Read 6057 times)
Copperhead
Rookie

« on: August 03, 2009, 05:17:15 PM »

My name is Scotty Orme. Feel free to call me by my nickname, Copperhead. I am currently competing in my 6th year of short track racing. I am looking to move into TQ Midgets, USAC Midgets, or virtually anything else with four wheels, and I was wondering if there were any rides available to a 20-year-old, highly dedicated racer. I started racing Mini Cup cars in 2004 on asphalt. I won my first race at the flat, 1/4 mile Sportsdrome Speedway in 2005, and finished 5th in the National MMRA point standings that year after running 4th in the season-ending Grand National race in Elkin, NC. We made the move to 600cc Mini Sprints on dirt in 2006. I was the '06 Mini Sprint Rookie of the Year at the Thunder Valley Raceway in Salem, IN and finished 3rd in the track standings the following year. I also ran in the top 5 racing wingless at Bakersfield Raceway Park in  Linton, IN. I have been running an '85 Monte Carlo Street Stock the past couple of seasons on both dirt and asphalt. In the street stock, I have raced on asphalt at ORP and Salem Speedway, and dirt at Thunder Valley Raceway and Windy Hollow Speedway.

My best trait in a racecar is the ability to do more with less. I have a knack for taking less-than-stellar equipment and being competitive with it. I can drive the edge without abusing equipment. No one will give you any more effort both on and off the track. I don't have a tremendous amount of mechanical knowledge, but I am good at figuring out what my race car needs. In 6 years I can only think of one change I made to a car that didn't make it better. Off the track, I'm about as professional as you can get. I have had a lot of experience dealing with my own sponsors and have spent the last couple of years talking to hundreds of companies in an effort to move up to bigger and better things. Unfortunately, the difficulties that the economy is facing have come at at a very inconvenient time for me.

Racing is something I plan to do the rest of my life. I want nothing more than to make a living doing this. I am currently doing everything I can (no matter how ridiculous or futile the idea is) to get where I want to go. I am trying to make a name for myself and create an image that will stand out. If you are a team that wants to do the same, or you're just looking to be involved with a hands-on racer that will give you all he's got, give me a call. We can help each other get ahead of the pack.

Thanks for reading,

Scotty Orme
Racecar Driver
812-267-0220
RandyOrmeRacing@aol.com
Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: