May 21, 2024, 09:23:48 AM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1] 2
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: best series?  (Read 18591 times)
Justin
Feature Winner

race=life

« on: August 28, 2008, 02:59:21 AM »

tell me your opinion.

To race is to win. To get 1st is to succeed! To succeed to to make dreams come true!
hulmanmoody
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 11:00:24 AM »

Its kinda hard to vote - they are kinda progressive - one leads to the other....so I voted Focus....
Justin
Feature Winner

race=life

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 11:59:06 AM »

yeah true. It is mainly a poll to see what races are better to go to. ie: the experience, the atmosphere, and the enjoyment of the race.

To race is to win. To get 1st is to succeed! To succeed to to make dreams come true!
Non-wing
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 11:54:29 PM »

Although I love all of the open wheel series, I have to vote for the sprint cars.  They are exciting, unpredictable, and they eat people.  IN MY OPINION, midgets teach young drivers how to be smooth, but sprint cars teach drivers how to RACE.  Silver Crown cars are just cool.   
Justin
Feature Winner

race=life

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 12:31:01 AM »

i like how you put that. thanks!

FuKnutZ
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 11:56:40 PM »

USAC Sprint cars are incredible to watch , especially on a short dirt oval such as Bloomington . So much raw power and speed. In my opinion the best series there is anywhere.

"A man's got to know his limitations"
Justin
Feature Winner

race=life

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 01:00:13 AM »

yep its by far the most fast paced race out there
USAC Sprint cars are incredible to watch , especially on a short dirt oval such as Bloomington . So much raw power and speed. In my opinion the best series there is anywhere.

Jacrace
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 01:33:56 AM »

Midgets and Sprints on the same card, it doesn't get any better than that....It also gives the guys a chance to race both with less travel, more opportunity for a payday...
Justin
Feature Winner

race=life

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 01:35:54 AM »

yeah i've been to m any sprint races but yet to go to a midget. but i am going to granite city to see them.

couchpotato-e
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 03:57:29 PM »

I do not know if this is the right place to ask this question, if not would someone let me know where it should be written.

I have not followed much racing for several years and last I can remember, USAC was going to have a champ car/ silver crown division for pavement races on larger tracks. Did this happen and if so, can anyone post a photo of one of them?

If anyone is interested in my message board name, it covers my favorite passtime, that is being a couch potato. the e is in loving memory of our former Vice President, Dan (laugh a minute) Quail, who once instructed a class of young children that potato should be spelled with an e at the end.

Hence couchpotato-e.
Justin
Feature Winner

race=life

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 11:42:16 PM »

they run some longer tracks but not very often. I have another post that you should ask that question in. go to '71 its all about silver crown racing

Justin
Feature Winner

race=life

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 10:29:47 AM »

cmon' lets get some more votes! there is like 300+ people on here lets get in the game!

TNiblack68
Rookie

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 10:09:21 PM »

I personally like any open wheel race. I don't know much about the Ford Focus racing. I really enjoy the Outlaws but as one other posted the Sprints at the smaller tracks are great also. The best race I saw all year was the Bloomington race during the Indiana Sprint week. I was also at the Knoxville Nationals and that was just incredible. So to answer your poll Sprints Sprints and More Sprints winged and non winged.
Justin
Feature Winner

race=life

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 11:45:32 AM »

yeah i know what you mean. im not to much of a fan of winged sprints though because i was talking to some people that race in series and they said that when you run a winged sprint you can go into the corners so fast! its all most unbelievable how fast they go! when in a regular sprint car you have to cut the speed down a lot or....crash! bang! wham! you out for a while!

cmakin
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 02:00:32 PM »

I personally like any open wheel race. I don't know much about the Ford Focus racing. I really enjoy the Outlaws but as one other posted the Sprints at the smaller tracks are great also. The best race I saw all year was the Bloomington race during the Indiana Sprint week. I was also at the Knoxville Nationals and that was just incredible. So to answer your poll Sprints Sprints and More Sprints winged and non winged.

Yeah, that Bloomington race rocked.  It just seemed to me that Coons really got the handle down that last few laps.  You gotta love multi groove racing.

Reply Pages: [1] 2
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: