USAC Racing Forum
July 27, 2024, 07:12:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hutchins Device  (Read 12655 times)
ezoner
Veteran

« on: January 27, 2010, 04:29:16 PM »

I noticed in the rule books that the Hutchins device -- as stated requires the neck brace/pad.  Coming from QMA, that is different.  When using the Hybrid Pro, the Hybrid Pro -Hutchins is rated the same as the Hans.  So -- trying to understand -- the statement bascially doesn't call out any specific version of Hutchins.   This will get expensive -- theres no way my kid will want to use pad again. 
smotorsports
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 05:19:56 PM »

Just a clarification, the Hutchens device actually requires the use of a neck collar in QMA, per rule 9b.  To date, the only device I know in either division that does not require the use of a neck collar is the Hans device.  Hope this helps.

Travis Seaton

Travis Seaton
NCQMA Rookie Director
NCQMA Board Member at Large
ezoner
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 05:24:12 PM »

The question would still be the same.  The devices are rated the same when using the Hybrid Pro.  Not sure -- but it appears that some Hutchins devices are not rated the same. 

In every race I ran, talked to Safety and they said the Hybrid Pro was fine without.  So is it a documentation issue?
ezoner
Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 12:08:48 PM »

Just got off the phone with Mr. Spinks.  The Hybrid Pro is fine without the neck roll.  The rules will be updated to reflect that.  No timing on the change, but it will be changed.

By the way -- the availablility to get that answered and ruled on was immediate.  Great response.
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 12:16:55 PM »

"By the way -- the availablility to get that answered and ruled on was immediate.  Great response."

Welcome to USAC. Smiley

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
bird64
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 10:20:48 AM »

We need to step back a moment before we look at the neck brace We first need to check that the helmet our kid's have fits properly. I've over seen many kids this last season with the helmet being to big. The safety check is only looking at the sticker on the helmet. This would be no different if we race with our belts loose. The safety director should help with this issue an educate our family's on the proper fit.
miketsmith
Feature Winner

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 11:33:02 AM »

I have taken it a little further. You cannot risk safety with our kids. I have a company called Stand21 that does Formula 1, SCCA, and many other road racing outfits that custom makes your uniform. They actually will come to the track for trackside support events. This company has been around several decades all over the world. I highly recommend anyone to look into them. I can get you the info if needed.

Thanks,
Mike
lawsonracing
Veteran

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 07:29:54 PM »

Mike, I guess I can throw my pitch in; We use G Force ! I am friends of the owner of G Force in Alpharetta. I have seen their testing myself.   They make the lighest helmet for Jr Racers, Period. We also use HANS, and  deal with Trish at HANS in Atlanta , directly. We even took our Stanley to HANS to have his carbon fiber HANS fitted to the car. Expensive? Yes, but my son is worth more. For those parents that throw a neck collar on your kid, you have to be joking! Those are worthless. I see many throw thousands at the car and buy junk for safety. Last race we had in fall, my son got tangled up with another and both head on to the wall. With his hans and proper gear , he did not complain. The other car : a cheap 20.00 neck collar and he was hurting and crying, you have to be kidding me... 

Lawson Ingold Racing
Sponsors: Mercedes Benz of Buckhead Performance Center, Sport Map ECU, Imhoff Eye Care; Altus Health Care; G-Force Racing
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: