USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:46:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: THE NEWEST HOTTEST AND COULD BE A FASTEST!! HYPER DEBUTS CAR!!  (Read 27026 times)
LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 09:04:08 PM »

hey swartz, I never signed for you to use laurens pic. Smiley  get off the computor and get that 600 ready.
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 01:11:30 AM »

This is one thing I love about QM racing. We raced UMP Modifieds for years and always built our own chassis, and chassis for a few other people and one thing you could never ask was for a pic of the set up on another car. It was practically a crime to ask someone or look under the fenders. I think this is one of the things that motivates us to keep doing this more than the last few years we ran the mods.
Swartz
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 09:33:33 AM »

We were probably the first to move the left front inboard on an Eagle 4 years ago. That was after I saw Mike had the shock on his Hawk cars mounted on the front of the forward down tube. I did the math and made the change. There is more to it than just moving the shock in. It changes the roll center and stuff. As far as taking pictures, the exhaust I built for our WF 3 years ago was like an AA exhaust. I cut the welds on the flange and rotated the pipe 90 degrees so in came out the side over the blower shroud. A friend of mine asked if he could take pictures and I let him. Now there is a pipe being sold just like it. I got squat. Leson learned.

This is one thing I love about QM racing. We raced UMP Modifieds for years and always built our own chassis, and chassis for a few other people and one thing you could never ask was for a pic of the set up on another car. It was practically a crime to ask someone or look under the fenders. I think this is one of the things that motivates us to keep doing this more than the last few years we ran the mods.
Swartz
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 09:37:37 AM »

Will do. Are there any Mini Sprint parts dealers in Ohio? If someone knows a dealer localy that want some of my money tell them to drop me a line or send me their contact info.

hey swartz, I never signed for you to use laurens pic. Smiley  get off the computor and get that 600 ready.
deerbybow
Rookie

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2009, 07:38:37 PM »

wow, negativety to say the least? why would I be surprised from Mr Neg?  oaklane, must bbe the great savior track with all the competition in the NE? LOL?? The lines of the car, the build and the suttle transitions make it not a copy cat And not like an EAgle or Stanley! When you see one go by you at the track, you'll know why!! you guys missed three other little chages as well, but you'll get to see one soon at a track near you!!  Moving on, in time, working them areas, but it ain't cheap!! As for the other comments, Thanks!!  Scott, seemed to see the most!!  Race hard, race safe and have fun!! 2009! see ya'll real soon!
pokesalad
Rookie

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2009, 08:31:15 PM »

geez deerbybow I think the car looks great!  Sometimes no matter what you do someone say something negative. yes there has been other chassis company that have moved the shock inside but there point is................. what? 
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2009, 10:02:42 PM »

I totally agree with you deerbybow, the lines on this car are very unique. I actually think the car is one of the most visually attractive cars out there.
Mrneg
Rookie

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2009, 08:41:36 AM »

Didn't think I was being especially negative, said it was a nice looking car but since when does looks equal performance. As mentioned by others there is not much that is really new and hasn't been tried before. One or two wins in races with not many cars hardly qualifies this car as being the latest greatest.

As far as Oaklane goes... so sue me for being proud of the accomplishments of the drivers from our club. It is hard to deny results, a quick count at the last two Eastern Grands we as a group have earned 11 fast times and 13 Grands wins! We welcome all competition just makes us better, bring it on.
Swartz
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2009, 09:19:36 AM »

I totally agree with you deerbybow, the lines on this car are very unique. I actually think the car is one of the most visually attractive cars out there.

Uhhh.....no. This is unique.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/QuarterMidget2/photos/album/1988048661/pic/list
RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2009, 10:50:42 PM »

There's a guy at KQMC that has a car about like that too. They have an indy car feel to them.
Swartz
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2009, 09:58:38 AM »

There's a guy at KQMC that has a car about like that too. They have an indy car feel to them.
Is it the Hyder Hawk or the Stanley? Those are similar to Yoda's beast but have conventional shock and suspension pickup points.   
TysonThompson
Rookie

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2009, 12:13:08 PM »

Another proven hot car is the new Independent Front Suspension Eagle.  It has won back to back A-mains in Jr. Honda at MINI INDY with times in the 6.80's.  This is with jr. honda fields of 16 or more competing against "grands" level cars.  We have Stanley chassis and this thing impresses the heck out of me.  I hope they take it to a USAC show soon to see how it stacks up.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 12:15:02 PM by TysonThompson » Logged
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2009, 12:47:12 PM »

There is also one running here in the mid ohio area.

RBurns17
Feature Winner

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2009, 02:51:45 PM »

Is it the Hyder Hawk or the Stanley? Those are similar to Yoda's beast but have conventional shock and suspension pickup points.   

It's one a local guy built years ago. He does work with some Indy car teams and built it like ten years ago. It's not completely identical to that one, but has some of the same features. Long nose, with the driver sitting a little different.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 03:36:08 PM by RBurns17 » Logged
ANB1
Rookie

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2009, 10:57:02 PM »

I've seen the car at Mini Indy---and it is all car.  The driver doesn't run a consistent line but the thing turns like nothing else out there.  He is able to come off the corner, run low/mid track but keep the speed as if you were running the "normal" line there.  He is pinching but it doesn't spin out.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: