USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:15:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Western NY-North west PA  (Read 5831 times)
ICDUCKS
Rookie

« on: April 19, 2009, 12:28:18 AM »

Is there anyone here that lives in these areas? Im just outside of Jamestown NY which is about 30 miles east of Erie Pa.
Id really like to see some tracks in our area get involved. Ive sent Lake Erie Speedway an Email to see what the chances are that they would want to be involved.It would be a perfect place!
grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 05:02:05 PM »

ICDUCKS,  I certainly do not want to discourage you; however, with the economy it will be tough getting a new track started.  Even the NASCar people etc are cutting back due to sponsorships.

I am wondering if you can find some independent tracks in your area?

Also want to tell you that depending on what your situation is coming into mid Ohio when there are the three day series which are frequent in the summer months might be a good way to go if no luck in your area.  The present members of Buckeye, Mac o Chee, and Miami Valley I am certain would help you.  Plus the areas allow you to camp overnight usually what the people do is go to the first one-race- then head to the second track stay overnight and race then repeat for the third day.  Once you are here the greatest distance between the tracks would be about 1 hr and Fifteen minutes depending on stops etc.  Getting to Mac O Chee is a little curvy but very doable.  They all have Novice/Rookie Classes and are very patient with the young drivers often stopping the race to get them lined up right.

I guess we never realize how darn lucky we are until we see someone like you trying to get into the sport and having a tough time finding a place closer.  Good luck to you and your driver.

Known as Granny!
ICDUCKS
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 10:07:37 PM »

Granny thanks
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 11:22:28 AM »

I would focus on the positives this economic cycle provides...

Land prices haven't been this low in a few decades and won't be again for quite some time once the recovery gains momentum.  Construction costs are also at about a 10 year low.  While it might be difficult to locate the funding to start a new track, the positive side of that is you won't need nearly as much funding as you would have a few seasons ago. 

Whether it is a good economic situation or not, a solid business plan with the right people in place to execute it will get the attention of the people with the funding.  I know there are a couple new tracks being considered here in FL and one of them just secure the property...so don't give up on the thought about a new track in your area.  Just do your homework on build that solid business plan and start pitching to anyone that will listen!

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: