USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:11:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Sent Lake Erie speedway an email--any suggestions?  (Read 4691 times)
ICDUCKS
Rookie

« on: April 21, 2009, 08:38:19 PM »

Heres the email I sent

Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2009 10:35 PM
To: amoore@lakeeriespeedway.com
Subject: Contact from Phil Coil

Comments: Have you ever thought about running 1/4 midgets at your facility? The sport is growing like wildfire and we dont have a facility near us. The closest is Syracuse NY and Columbus OH.It would be a great place to have a QMA club or USAC club

Heres what I got back

Sent: Tue 4/21/09 5:39 PM
To:  pcoil@live.com

Phil:

I appreciate the email.  In my discussions about having those type series at Lake Erie Speedway, I have not found a series that offers a deal that will work out financially for Lake Erie Speedway.  I would be open to discussions if you have any recommendations. 

Thank you.
Branden J. Kaczay

General Manager

(814) 725-6610 Direct Line

(814) 725-3353 Fax

"It's not just racing...It's Racing Entertainment!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any Ideas what I can do or say?
Thanks Chip

« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 08:40:01 PM by ICDUCKS » Logged
sfreitas20
Triple Crown Champion

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 11:00:32 PM »

That was a good start and now you have the line of communication open...what I would do from there is this:

Get average car counts from three other QM tracks and how many races they run a year.  Then do the math and include the revenue that entry fees and concessions could generate for Lake Erie Speedway if they had a QM facility.

Then get some information regarding large events at other tracks and pitch them a plan to host one of more of those a year as well.  Don't forget things like how much they can charge vendors and such to be onsite for the large events.

Make some calls and find some sponsors willing to help out as well and include that revenue in the presentation to the track too.  Every track we have been to has at least a half a dozen signs around of places the pay to advertise/sponsor them.

Basically, show Lake Erie Speedway how a long term plan for QM racing at their facility can become a positive cash flow for them.

Then finish the presentation off with examples of kids that started in QM racing and moved up the ladder from there.  Having a QM track will keep the pipeline of new drivers for other classes at Lake Erie Speedway full for years to come.

That is the start of a business plan that should help sell it.  You may ask James and/or Jason at USAC for some guidance too, I am sure they would really like to add additional tracks to the East Coast region for USAC.

Hope that helps get you going...

Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports Inc.
ICDUCKS
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 09:48:53 PM »

Thank you that helps me get an idea of the direction I need to be headed.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: