USAC Racing Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:38:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: "Generation Next" Round 1  (Read 23911 times)
USAC Developmental
« on: April 05, 2009, 05:35:08 PM »

Thank you to everyone who participated in a wonderful weekend of USAC Racing!  Over 110 USAC .25 Midget cars invaded the Columbus Motor Speedway's newly finished Buckeye Quarter Midget Club's track.

BQMRA members did a great job to make the facility in tip top shape for the Jegs Crown Midget Supernationals.  All of us at USAC appreciate your hard work!

Congrats to all participants in a fine weekend of racing!  The results and pics (thanks to Motion X images) can now be found on our .25 Midget News page.

We look forward to returning in September...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 05:42:55 PM by USAC Developmental » Logged
Live Strong
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 06:59:33 PM »

Spectacular event. The most professional children’s motorsports event we’ve attended – well done.

Things we appreciated:
•   The atmosphere of professionalism from the time we arrived until we departed
•   The pace of the event – no downtime waiting on volunteers to get in place and judging calls
•   Cowboy’s calling every race was beautiful – WOW!
•   The USAC Midget drivers walking around talking to the children – giving out driving tips and signing autographs
•   RACEceiver for all drivers at no charge – great for safety and huge time saver
•   Making of membership badges on site at the event
•   USAC’s safety director and team went trailer to trailer to safety cars Friday night!
•   Flagman – consistent and treated the children with respect, as if they were NASCAR stars!
•   Live Web cast – friends, relatives and a sponsor called to congratulated my driver as if he were on live television! Some have never seen my son race do to locations across the country
•   Winner’s ceremony – Medallion, Trophy, Hoosier Headband, Jegs Hat along with the Crown, Robe and Throne – big time and priceless
•   New racing surface - fast and smooth
•   Safer Barriers – There were some wicked hits on that wall without a single injury
•   Professional Safety workers from Eldora Speedway
•   Racing apparel for sale at the track – too cool
•   The facility looked and felt like a big time race track – well done Buckeye Members and Columbus Motor Speedway!

Thank You USAC, BQMRA and Columbus Motor Speedway for a super event. You have raised the bar and our family looks forward to attending many more of these events.
LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 07:32:56 PM »

live strong Thanks for your post.That club went through so much this winter we needed to hear that.When I was pres. of the club last year the one thing I wanted to do was pave that track not for my kid but other kids the kids that aren't even racing yet.I had some people that didn't wanted it done but after getting it to go though(thanks to the bod/members) it was made possible.I worried about the track after it was done, is there bumps is it slow or rough?After seeing the first cars prac. on it two weeks ago I felt alot better.After seeing the races today and peoples thumbs up I'm happy.We were unable to race yesterday due to other things and from the time I got out of the car I had people coming up to me complemting the racing facilitie.Today was the first time my driver got on the track and she came off for the fuel stop she said Dad this track is fast.We are glad that you had a good time and come back soon.
     USAC, nice job couldn't have went better.P.s. Who were those people that we're pit stewarding and scaling the cars?Nice people.LOve you MOM and DAD:)
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 08:56:47 PM »

Very well put live strong, I second that 100%!!!

My mom (grandma) in Florida got to see the boy’s race for the first time via live stream on usacracing.com and thought it was just too cool to see the boy’s race and to see Cameron win his first race ever.  Thanks for allowing her that opportunity!  Just all around an Awesome Show!!!

magjagmotorsports
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 09:31:55 PM »

What a fun weekend. Great show Columbus.

Will USAC be showing the live feed as a tape delay as was done for the Tampa event?

Daren Garmenn
NWOQMRA
goffin20
National Champion

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 09:37:07 PM »

What about offering a DVD, I know a few that would purchase it...

2fast4u
Feature Winner

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 09:49:48 PM »

Very well put live strong, that was the best kid event i have ever been apart of. We have been doing this for a year in a half and that was the most fun we have ever had, Thank You USAC.
grandma13
Feature Winner

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 10:25:20 PM »

Scott, good idea reference the DVD; however, might be better financially to do a complete DVD with all the  Next Generation Races and make it available at the end of the season.

By the way Motion X did a great job with the pictures also - I saw many families happy with the photos and making many purchases.  Great Job to those people also.
cuda
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 10:06:15 AM »

Great job USAC and Buckeye Club. I was going to do your post Live Strong but you beat me to it. Great weekend for everybody. Great facility. Fast track.
Russ Knepp
Team Cuda
ssssmoke
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 10:15:32 AM »

the kids walking around over the weekend wasnt just .25 racer,they were superstars who just won the kings royal!! that was the first time in .25 racing i have ever seen the racing focus on the kids so much. even if they were running bad or getting tangled up they were on the loud speaker. excellent job USAC and thank you to all who worked so hard to make the show go so smoothly. i think the best part was the announcer talking about racing and playing music rather that calling for judges and corner workers.
cowboy
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 11:05:06 AM »

Thanks for the compliments on the announcing...much appreciated!

I wanted to say 'thanks' to the Buckeye club members for their help this weekend, and for letting an outside guy like me come in to announce the event.  I saw a lot of smiling faces this weekend as well...I think it's important to remember that above all else, racing is supposed to be FUN for everyone involved, and I saw a lot of that this weekend.

Thanks again!
'Cowboy' Paul Szmal
Announcer

ogracing
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 01:37:04 PM »

I have been in quarter midgets for quite a few years now and i haven't had that much fun on a race weekend since novice hats off to mr spink,cowboy and all the rest of the usac staff.as for the buckeye club what else would you expect nothing but the best that club knows how to get things done!!!!!!!!!!!  and the pit steward and the man working the scales LLR you are a very lucky person
LLR
Feature Winner

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 04:17:26 PM »

You said it I am very lucky and so are my kids.
gadams
Veteran

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 06:59:54 PM »

just my thoughts from this weekend.
1. usac did a fantastic job with the whole show
2. the announcing was great
3. the live feed allowed our family who could not be there to watch
4. the safety crew thanks for everything
5. my wife was really impressed with the usac reps who gave her there personal phone numbers and told her to call them with updates on tyler and to all that came over to check on him after we got back from the hospital.
6. to the buckeye club great job
Phil
Veteran

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 09:38:45 AM »

Great post Live Strong, just a couple things I would like to add.

By not letting drivers pick up the pace untill the cone out of 4 instead of the norm we have been used to, greatly sped up the day and made for better racing, especially on single file starts.

The Hoosier tires are great!

As a whole, BEST QUARTER MIDGET RACE I HAVE EVER ATTENDED!!!

Phil     
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: