March 19, 2024, 07:09:48 AM
USAC Racing Forum

Username
Password
Don't have an account? Register now, it's free!

Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: Chady to make ARCA/REMAX debut  (Read 11409 times)
chadyracing57
Rookie

« on: August 15, 2008, 10:36:38 PM »

19 year old USAC Ford Focus driver Kyle Chady, of Benton,IL, will pull double duty this weekend. Saturday night has Kyle in his midget at Grundy County Speedway. After the Grundy race, he will travel south to Springfield, IL, where he is scheduled to race in the ARCA/REMAX race. Kyle will be driving the number 57 Ford Taurus for car owner Bill McCreery, also from Benton. Kyle is scheduled to run the ARCA/REMAX race at Duquoin, IL as well.
racer28
Rookie

look out we are going to the front

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 01:22:15 AM »

hey way to go dude i hope you have a great time, make sure you post the high lights
chadyracing57
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 07:51:57 PM »

After a rough night at the USAC race in Grundy County Saturday night, we made it to Springfield in time to catch three or four hours of sleep. Sunday was an extremely exciting day. The feeling of piloting the 800 hp, 3500 lb machine was a whole new world for me, since a Ford Focus midget is the largest race car I have competed in.

After getting settled into the car a little bit in practice, I was able to experience my first two-ton spin. Luckily, there was an extra foot or so to the outside wall, and the Ford Taurus was still in one piece for qualifying. I qualified in the back of the field, but it worked out well for me to get more comfortable in the car (since I still only had 30 laps or so under my belt). I spent most of my time racing a group of the same cars and cut two seconds off of my qualifying time until something broke in the valvetrain around lap 30.

Just a year ago I watched the ARCA race from the crowd at Du Quoin and thought to myself how fortunate all of the drivers were. I never imagined I would have the same opportunity. Thanks to Bill McCreery from Kimmel Chaplain Pharmacy, I am living the dreams I have had since I started racing go carts twelve years ago. It is impossible to thank him enough for giving me this opportunity.

We hope to have the engine repaired for the Du Quoin race, which happens to be on my 20th birthday. I can't imagine a better gift. Thanks Bill.

-Kyle Chady
chadyracing57
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 10:45:37 PM »

Kyle has put some pics of the race up on the web site. They can be viewed at chadyracing.com Most of the photos were taken by my brother Dave. He also got some video but we haven't figured out how to put them up yet. I would like to thank Dave for the great photos.
Dan Chady
Reply Pages: [1]
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: